Request for stimulus content within tabs or floating questions beside stimulus (NGN related issue)

Jump to solution
cindy_masek1
Community Explorer

In a stimulus question, please make the content in the stimulus either available within tabs or allow the questions associated to float along with the stimulus content as the student scrolls down.

This is important because the amount of information in the stimulus must often be quite lengthy and by the time the student scrolls to the appropriate section of the stimulus, it can be difficult to recall details after scrolling back up to the correct question, especially if there are multiple questions associated.

In actual NGN questions, different sections of a patient chart or patient information are presented as different tabs allowing the student to maneuver between content without excessive scrolling away from the question or questions. If the stimulus is presented in an untabbed, single view, it would not be uncommon to have to scroll down a section of content 3-5 times or longer to view all the options. 

While this same general question is posted in response to -  https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/New-Types-of-Questions-are-needed-for-Nursing-... I thought perhaps because the question is set as resolved and in beta, the further requested development may not be addressed there. So I am asking it again as a new question with more detail.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @cindy_masek1 

Thank you for contacting Canvas Support. We understand your request and need for floating content for the new feature idea  that is currently being worked  on in beta now:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Idea-Conversations/New-Types-of-Questions-are-needed-for-Nursing-...

I certainly understand the need for wanting this feature added to the new development. It would be best if you added this feature idea to the one already in existence. This feature idea is used as reference and it will be checked for updates or other follow ups. Feel free to add to the request above! Hopefully this helps. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes