Resizing Comment Area in Speedgrader Causes Previews to Start Wrong Size

Jump to solution
AlexiBrooks
Community Member

Basically what the title says.

I use Speedgrader to grade assignments. Most submissions are PDFs; a few are .txt files and a few are screenshots. I use a rubric, so the comments section on the right is way too small for me by default and I resize it at the start of every grading session. When I move to the next student submission, the resizing sticks (yay!) but rather than the preview being sized to match, it instead is sized for its original larger panel and cut off on the right. I "solve" the issue by grabbing the mid-line as if I'm about to resize again and wiggling it, but I would love to not have to do this!

Labels (1)
2 Solutions
James
Community Champion

Ron ( @Ron_Bowman ), if I'm reading what @AlexiBrooks wrote correctly, that's not something that QuizWiz will fix. It does a lot of things, but it doesn't adjust the size of the preview pane or the size of the comments within the rubric criteria.

I've not experienced what Alexi is talking about unless I drag the rubric very wide (and the preview very small). I do have a 1920x1080 monitor and it doesn't become a problem until I reach about 40% preview and 60% SpeedGrader. Most of the time, though, it does re-adjust the size for me, so I wonder if there is a sweet-spot (or sour spot) where it's an issue.

View solution in original post

AlexiBrooks
Community Member
Author

Thanks for your replies! If I'm understanding correctly, you've both been able to replicate the issue but none of us has a solution yet. (Other than I suppose getting a new and larger monitor!)

View solution in original post

0 Likes