Respondus Lockdown Broswer - Application Issues

Jump to solution
miragemiku
Community Novice

I've downloaded the Respondus Lockdown Application as a student of an instructor. However, when I attempt to access the quiz that requires the app, it notifies me that it has not been given access to my camera through the instructor's request. It then proceeds to shut itself down because it "doesn't have access" to my webcam. My webcam has open access authorization for all apps, and I've double-checked this. How can this be fixed?

Notification example:

"Error: Unable to continue

- Exam title indicates a webcam must be used, but the course is unknown to our system.

Solution(s): Ask your instructor to go to the "Lockdown Browser Dashboard" for this course and check the settings for this exam."

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Ok, I think this isn't really about your webcam; it's something the instructor needs to fix.  When a course if copied and it contains a quiz set up to use Lockdown Browser, the instructor needs to click the Lockdown Browser course navigation at least once to trigger a set up within Lockdown Browser for that course.  It's not uncommon for an instructor to forget to do that, or if they are new to using the tool might just assume it's going to work when they copy the course.  You might politely reach out to the instructor to let them know about the issue, and let them know you "read somewhere that the instructor needs to click the Lockdown Browser course navigation at least once after a course copy".  If they do this they will likely get a message which will let them know it's ready to go.

Good luck,

Rick

View solution in original post