Respondus Lockdown Browser + students accessing and submitting an "Excel" file

Jump to solution
sandy_hilton
Community Member

I'm keen to hear from others that are using Lockdown Browser and setting up either Old Quiz or New Quiz with an Excel file that students access within the lockdown browser, work on, and then submit as part of their quiz submission.

I see how to do that via an Essay Style Old Quiz question, I don't see a way to do that via New Quiz other than converting an Old Quiz question.  Sigh.

I'm very interested in hearing how people are marking the student submissions - unique URLs that have to be individually opened.  Any workflow tips to make that less tedious than it sounds?

I'm also a bit concerned that students working in the "Excel" tool with Lockdown Browser could potentially lose their information if they forget to save or the computer crashes.  That is, there is no "autosave" feature that I am aware of.  Anyone have experience with that?

Any other tips on setting these quizzes and question types up are greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @sandy_hilton,

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you. We hope you are doing well and that you’ve found an answer to your question!

The Community Team acknowledges that this thread does not have a proper answer. However, we are marking this post as a temporary solution to help Community Members find and respond to the newest and most active threads.

At any time, any Community member can click the “Not the Solution” option and then respond in-thread with your follow-up questions. It’s important to include @CommunityForums in that reply so we can restore the entire topic to our list of unanswered questions we check routinely.

View solution in original post