HORACIO_RENE

Roll Call: An error occurred when trying to generate your report

One of our teachers is trying to generate an attendance repor, however she is reciving the following message:

An error occurred when trying to generate your report:

There was a problem generating your report. We have been notified of this issue and apologize for the inconvenience.

As an Admin, is there a way in which I can help her with this problem?

Any ideas will be appreciated. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @HORACIO_RENE 

Thanks for posting this in the Global Canvas Community! 

I have not seen this before but I have a few things you could try verify. 

• Does this error message occur for you as an admin when you run the report?
  • When they run the report, it should ask them for some filters to apply. They should be able to enter in a start date, end date, and/or the SIS student Id. Are any of these being configured incorrectly when they try and run the report? I have run into something similar when running an attendance report for a specific student. It turned out I was putting in the incorrect SIS ID for the student lol. 
  • Did they accidentally delete the Roll Call Assignment that was created when they first started taking roll? 
  • Is the Roll Call tool out of sync possibly? This can happen if they delete or rename the Roll Call Assignment that was created when they first started taking roll. To resync, you can go to the Roll call attendance Tool, select a day when the student do not attend class. Mark everyone as present and then immediately unmark them all for that same day. Following those step, have them try to run the report again. 

Hopefully this helps! 

-Colton 

0 Kudos