Same email used - unable to access new course

Jump to solution
JamieC1
Community Member

I use Canvas with a group of students doing an internship. One of them let me know that she is having trouble logging in. She then informed me that the email she gave me to add her to the Canvas course is the same one she uses for her university where she is already registered for Canvas. The result is that now when she tries to finish registration for my course it brings up everything for her university. Does she have to make a new profile with a different email? Can Canvas not be used by multiple institutions? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@JamieC1 -

I believe it may be an issue on the students part of using the Canvas instance from her original school.  I am assuming that you are talking about a scenario where she has a Canvas account of school1.instructure.com  and now she is trying to access school2.instructure.com.  Provided she has an account setup at school2, then she should use that address and login.  I am by no means an expert in this particular area, but the above is what I interpreted from your question.  The student just needs to make sure they are signing into the correct Canvas account.

View solution in original post