Set all multiple-answer questions to exact match in New Quizzes?

Jump to solution
kylecage0
Community Explorer

I'm working on some quizzes for a nursing course and we are using New Quizzes because of its ability to make multiple-answer questions be "all-or-nothing" (exact match). We switched to New Quizzes because Classic Quizzes was awarding partial credit for multiple-answer question types and there wasn't a way to change that. 

So now, I'm going through the Item Banks and setting every multiple-answer question to "exact match" instead of the default, which is partial credit. My question: is there a way to change these to exact match in bulk instead of having to go through every Item Bank and manually changing this setting for each multiple-answer question? Every time I update a question in the bank to be exact match, it saves and then takes me back to the list of all questions in the bank. When I filter by multiple-answer questions again, it doesn't show me which ones I have already updated to exact match and which ones I haven't. Some of these Item Banks have hundreds of questions in them and the current workflow of updating every multiple-answer question to be exact match is tedious and time-consuming. 

Any ideas on a way to do this in bulk?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
thovey
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@kylecage0 

Unfortunately, there is no way to set the questions in bulk to exact match, this must be done individually.

How do I create a Multiple Answer question in New Quizzes

This would make a great feature request.

How do I create a new idea conversation in the Instructure Community? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes