Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hello! I am a high school English teacher trying to give my final exam in Canvas using lockdown browser. I used New Quizzes to create the exam. When I go to my lockdown browser settings to require it be used to take the final, it simply loads forever...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Greetings fellow Humans, Just want to say I have tried searching old posts and have found a few helpful ones that I saved for specific issues or things, but I am trying to find a true beginners guide. I have used a few LMS as a student but before cov...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am teaching 3 different courses using Canvas this semester. Two of them are fine, but the syllabus on one stopped loading last week when Amazon's servers went down and Canvas wasn't working. I have restarted the computer, but it didn't seem to help...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi Instructure team,  How vulnerable are Canvas and associated Instructure platforms to the LOG4J vulnerability? Is any assessment underway?Without diving in too deep, I figured I'd ask the question since I don't see anything posted here yet. Thank y...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have been using canvas for years at my university and I have never had this issue.  For all my Canvas quizzes, I put a time limit.  A student emailed me about a final they were taking saying that instead of getting a countdown timer, they got a mes...

• 1 Likes
  • 14 Replies

Hi, I've noticed on our Canvas that any hyperlinks typed in in the Rich Content Editor are practically indistinguishable from the normal colour font. Once Published our standard theme is applied, but it is when editing/producing content it's very dif...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Encountered this bug when importing a Classic Quiz into New Quizzes. The error says the precison needs to be the same in the min and the max. In the screenshot it clearly is.  I have 2 requests here: 1. Allow New Quizzes to be shared between instruct...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The matching portion does not seem to award partial credit for answers. How do I fix this?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi there   I am trying to enrol a student into their second course in Canvas but keep coming up against a big fat no. This student is already enrolled and working through their first course. The system does not allow me to enrol her in another course...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Suppose I have a formula question in which there is one variable; for example, a variable "p" representing a probability. Is there any way to have the question text (not just the answer) include an expression that is dynamically computed from this va...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor teaching an asynchronous online course. I'm experiencing the glitch in Chrome (and other browsers) where, if you attempt to edit a quiz answer in HTML - the 'Toggle Editing answer text in HTML' button - (necessary for superscript a...

• 0 Likes
  • 17 Replies

I used emojis/icons to give students a visual reference as they look through a module. For example, the title for a reading assignment ends with , and an instructional page ends with . About a month ago, the icons all changed to black and white on ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a quiz, for which I would like to copy the questions into a specific bank.  The problem is that there are multiple identical questions in the "Unfiled Questions" bank, most of which throw up broken picture links.  How do I determine the specif...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am recently experiencing difficulty with duplicating quizzes.  I have copied a quiz, imported it fresh from my master shell, exported and imported but every time I do it it changes the name of the quizzes before it or deletes quizzes.  Am so frustr...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am all of a sudden getting this image and unregistered grades in Canvas. The assignments I grade show as 'new' with an orange dot next to the student's name in the drop-down, and they don't register on the grade sheet.  I must have pushed a button ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Students can annotate peer submission with review text inside the DocViewer tool.  Is it possible to retrieve those annotation text data with Canvas data feed or via REST API calls? The submission_comment_fact table does not contain the review texts ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to set up Google as third-party authentication, and I am running into an error on login. To add google as an authorization provider, I followed the steps listed here: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Guide/How-do-I-configure-third...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm trying to introduce a toc into my syllabus using anchors: e.g., <h3>Table of Contents</h3><ul><li><a href="#contact">Contact and Consultation</a></li> ... <h2 id="#contact">Contact and Consultation:</h2> ...   When I attempt to follow the link, n...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

During assignment submission, there are multiple tabs for different types of files. Is it possible to submit a video recorded through the media file on canvas and also submit a document through the File upload in the same assignment?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I remove a badge?  I was assigned a very offensive badge and would like it removed.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of my courses (only one) will not change the language from Spanish to English. I have done everything I can think of to fix this--restart Canvas, browser, computer; clear cookies, history, browser settings. It's happening on both of my classroom ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In secondary schools, some students prefer printed  assessments. In fact, it's an accommodation for some. And sometimes Canvas or the school Wi-Fi is down, so the students aren't able to access assessments online. For these reasons, and also to save ...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Does anyone know or have experience with Microsoft Teams in Canvas after a course copy? Does one have to go through the install set-up process each semester or quarter? Or does the item copy in and automatically create the new team?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I just wanted to check if the analytics available to admins at an account level is for all users (staff and students) or just students?  Across the top of the page, you get the data for the number of courses, teachers, students etc.  And then you...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am withdrawing from a class. I have to withdraw by tomorrow. I just submitted an end-of-semester review that I want the professors to read after I withdraw. Will they still have access to it after I withdraw?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student that can only see the discussion posts of a few of his peers, not all of them. It's the same few people each week. He can also message only those students via Canvas, no one else in the class. Any idea how to fix this?

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

After delivering the quiz, I realize that a fair thing to do would be to make one of the incorrect answers on a multiple-choice question correct, and regrade the test with the additional correct option.  Can I do this in Canvas?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

When I try to look at my quiz summary, I get the throbber for a minute or two, and then this appears.  I've reloaded about a dozen times, and this keeps showing.  What's up?      

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I print a graded Classic Quiz for a student without it displaying the correct answers?   I want to use this for test corrections.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies