Simple Video Banner?

Jump to solution
BiOsLaSh
Community Member

I want to add simple video banners to several courses to liven up the pages. I'm trying to use the following HTML:

<video autoplay loop muted width="100%" height="auto"
src="https://www.launch2success.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/Girl-Opening-Tent.m4v"></video>

However, when I add that to a page Canvas strips out "autoplay", "loop", and adds "controls". Thereby turning the banner into a regular video. I want it to autoplay, be muted, loop, and hide video controls. I can't just embed the video from another service (e.g. YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) because I can't hide the controls and autoplay usually doesn't work. Any ideas? Why can't I just put the HTML I want in and have Canvas leave it alone. When I put this code in a normal HTML page it works just perfectly. Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @BiOsLaSh ...

Unfortunately, not all HTML elements are allowed in the Rich Content Editor (RCE) of Canvas.  This Guide, How do I use the HTML view in the Rich Content Editor as an instructor?, includes a PDF detailing the HTML Allowlist for elements that are acceptable within Canvas course content.  (See the blue box at the top of that Guide.)

Sorry that I don't have better news for you, but I hope this has helped to answer your question.

View solution in original post