Starred courses will not appear on the dashboard

Jump to solution
LisaCook1
Community Member

When i click on the courses I want to appear on my dashboard.  The star is highlighted but the couses will not appear on the dashboard.  The facilitator traing course I unstarred it and it will not go off the dashboard.

I have contacted Virtual Arkansas tech support and they said reach out to you.

Thank you,

Lisa Cook, Bay High School

lcook@bay.k12.ar.us

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @LisaCook1 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with removing a course from your dashboard. We understand that you have unstarred  a course and it is still there. It can be removed, but only if other courses remain - at least a single course. For example, students want  to  remove Spring courses from their dashboard, before Summer courses are available, but we need at least a single course on the dashboard at minimum. If that doesn't apply to you, then It is likely your internet browser and we recommend clearing the cache and cookies or trying another browser.

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots
Click settings
On the left, choose Privacy and Security
Then, clear browsing data
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

If you still can't see it, you should speak with Canvas Support. 

Because of the complexity of the issue, and the concerns for privacy, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767 

View solution in original post