Sub Account Permissions.

Jump to solution
FrankMcHale
Community Member

I would like to set up a Sub Admin account for an external administrator who wants to access all the areas of a cohort we are hosting within our organisations Canvas platform. They want to manage their own analytics and course admin for a section of courses I've set up as a sub-account.

I'm trying to set up a sub-admin that only allows access to those courses within that cohorts sub-account section. I can't seem to set it up without it being able to access the rest of the platform. Can this be done?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @FrankMcHale,

This should definitely be doable as long as all of the courses are within a specific subaccount in Canvas (and not mixed with other courses in that same subaccount).   You can visit that subaccount in Canvas, and first add that person as a user there (if they do not already have an account in your Canvas instance).  Then go to the settings area for that subaccount, go to the admin tab, and add that user as some kind of admin role (the How do I add an admin to an account? - Instructure Community - 212  guide covers this).  That should be all you need to do!

Hope this helps. If this doesn't work for you or I've misunderstood your question, please do respond back here.

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes