Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I have a Google Cloud Assignment assigned to a class of about 45 people.Only one of them is reporting this error. I have confirmed that he has connected his Google Drive in Canvas. The error is: You do not have access to this document. Please contact...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On several of my students submitted assignments their answers are showing up as white text on a black background.  It is happening on random answers but then other answers are the normal black text in a white background.  This is happening on multipl...

(Removed)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

K have set up my assignments to apply a deduction for late work.  If a student turns in late work due to illness, and I have agreed not to deduct the points for late work, how do I adjust it on Canvas to not reduce the points for certain assignments ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-15-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In many quizzes, you want to ask questions based on changing input-variables; and similar changing correct answers!This functionality is called Formula Questions in Canvas.The ability to ask multiple questions to the same set of input-variables, has ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Discussion, Assignment, Grade tabs are not working since yesterday, what do I need to do to get help fixing this grave technical issue?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have a student who is unable to take a New Quiz in Canvas. She sent me this screenshot, and I can't figure out what's going on. Is it her browser? She is the only student having this problem.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-27-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is there a way to have an instructor showcase an assignment post from a student. Ex: An oil painting instructor wants to give a gold star to a student's work and have all the students in the class see that work.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Canvas Community,I'm wondering if there is a way to make certain assignments have their corresponding submissions be viewable by all students in a course? An example would be songwriting students post a demo of their song as an mp3 file. Then, eac...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a parent. We are able to open Canvas and the bookbag link on our Mac desktop. We can open canvas on our MacAir laptop, but there is no "Bookbag" link which we need to access. Can you help us find it?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Importing a quiz (examview -> export to blackboard 9->Import Zip file) only results in the name of a previous quiz being overwritten with the new quiz name AND THAT IS IT. The new quiz isn't there, the old quiz has the old questions. I would give you...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've assigned a closed assignment to a student by altering the dates it is available to them (assigning it to them in the assignment settings) but they keep experiencing this Turn It In error when they attempt to submit and so cannot submit. I've tri...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi,Trying to get my head around the best way to create, for want of a better term, logical groups of children for easy dissemination of assignment tasks to specific groups of children to individually complete an assigned task.Scenario:I have a class ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

We have a program that spans both undergrad and medical students and we are developing a scholar-led CANVAS site for the program. Scholars themselves will be managing a decent amount of the content. Cana student also be a TA so this can be accomplish...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-16-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

How do you like Canvas as an LMS?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm a support tech investigating a Quiz answer not showing issue.Students answered Quiz Essay questions but in SpeedGrader it shows the red UNANSWERED. Students are getting marked zero when the answer is there, but unseen. When you View Logs > click ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have previously set an access code on a prior quiz.  Tomorrow, we take a unit test and I'd like to again use an access code.  Canvas will not let me input a new access code, but continues to default to the previous one that I used for the last quiz...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, As an Admin, I know how to create an account grading scheme. However, I can only see ways to enable these grading schemes on the course or assignment level. How can we enable the account grading scheme for all courses in our institution or in ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Here is an introduction to Scrollytelling:https://webflow.com/blog/scrollytelling-guide 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In reviewing the accessibility of Canvas assignments for courses designed by other instructors, I noticed that many teachers are using partially completed tables as a way of presenting a student assignment with the blank cells indicating the informat...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

1EdTech posted relatively new standards for LTI 1.3 Third-Party Cookie Solution: https://www.unicon.net/insights/blogs/the-solution-for-third-party-cookies-in-lti-1.3-has-arrivedDoes Canvas support these relatively new LTI 1.3 standards?If not, wonde...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-14-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings:I have gone into settings and added the self-enroll option.  I then issued an email to a student account.  When the email is opened, and the link to the enrollment address supplied by Canvas I am sent to a page that saysWoops . . . . Page n...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The ''Build'' option is not showing up on my end when going into the quiz to edit. I'm able to add outcomes to the WHOLE quiz, but not the individual quiz item.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!I noticed that Canvas uploaded my assignment files to My Files without me pressing the Submit button yet. When I made additional changes to my assignment, I removed the original selected files from the Upload box (with the trash can button) and...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good dayI have completed my PowerPoint Training and Excel2019 Modules 1-4 but i see that its not graded.I need assistance. Regards

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I cant find the more options tab where is it

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I would like to add my canvas calendar to google calendar but it won't work. I open canvas & go to my calendar and click the link that is provided and go to google calendar and add it by URL but nothing shows up. I would like to know if this is an is...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a faculty member.  I know how to make the quiz unavailable for taking after the due date, but I stil want the students to be able to see their answers and the correct answers.  Making the quiz unavailable after the due date means they can't see ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello all,I can't believe I'm posting such a basic question after so many years in the Canvas Community.  Recently, and for the first time, I tried to embed some images when posting some new ideas to Idea Conversations.  First I uploaded the images a...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Has anyone taken BIO 115? If so could you help me find the link for adaptive quizzing on Canvas because my quizzes on Elsevier are not being accepted. Thank you

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-13-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Where on canvas can I find my assignments? I'm a student

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-12-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies