Submission Checklists

Jump to solution
Jess_M
Community Participant

I was hoping to get some suggestions to help implement an assessment submission checklist in my course. I do not have administrator privileges, so this needs to be something that can be implemented at the course level.

Requirements:

• An interactive checklist of tasks that the student can tick off to ensure they have covered everything they need to do prior to uploading their assessment. 
  • The ability for the student to revisit the checklist and mark off items as they are completed, with their adjustments saved each time.
  • An option more sophisticated than a PDF/Word document.

I had thought of using a quiz/survey to do this, but I have the following concerns:

1. The quiz/survey cannot be hidden from the Quizzes/Assessments section of Canvas, which tends to confuse students (e.g. unlike pages, which only show in modules if added etc). 
  2. It is a bit more involved for the student, as they need to start the quiz, save it etc. As opposed to a page they can just navigate to (this is where the option to embed a quiz would be so good).

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
TrishaMeyer1
Community Contributor

Hi @Jess_M ,

Are you familiar with Module Requirements and Prerequisites? When you set up requirements for a module, students see a checkmark appear on that module item when they have completed the task. You can set it up so that requirements must be complete in order, or not.

Prerequisites allow you to "lock out" students from a module until they have completed a previous module's requirements.

Perhaps these features would allow you to do what you are describing.

How do I add prerequisites to a module?

How do I add requirements to a module?

View solution in original post