Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi there! I am an instructor at California Career Institute. I need help with Canvas. The school already has an account. I am hoping that you offer "zoom" type instructional sessions. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Thank you. Maureen...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-21-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I can't get into my canvas account on my computer. Ive tried to reset the password multiple times but I never receive an email about the reset.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My grades are not transferring to PowerSchool and I get this error message after syncing to SIS. Please advise!Assignment "Mult & Division Summative Assessment 21-22" is not in an imported/synced assignment group in Canvas. Please ensure all assignm...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using the canvas community version, I have installed it locally in my system. I am looking for a Canvas data portal link that is unavailable in the tabs. I want to download data directly from the canvas as flat files or .json files without distu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking to set a quiz for my students where each student is allocated a different company to value.  This can't be randomised.  I have list of student company pairs and the questions that relate to the companies will be slightly different for ea...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I like to respond in the discussion to student discussion posts as they come in during the week.  With the new discussion format, how can I see who I already responded to and who I didn't without clicking on "Reply" for each student to see if one of ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-24-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Where can I Find this, it is stated to review in our work and I can not find it anywhere.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I don’t see where to look at my course syllabus. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Using Canvas for an online course: where is list on the left side of the screen where 'grades'  are 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-20-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have teachers that are all of a sudden getting icons in Gradebook instead of numerical values. Even though the assignments have been created the same way all year long, and they have been graded....now the icons are showing up?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-04-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Assignments that were never given a due date are suddenly on the grade book at the end of the year, causing panic among students.I want to unpublish (hide) an assignment that doesn't apply to this term. Someone has already submitted so I can't hide i...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We can't seem to set Canvas to open with the SSO via Canvas or the Web. Any ideas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-23-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(1) How do I connect to my university's OneDrive through Canvas? (2) Failing (1) above, I want to create 22 individual folders in Assignments for the 22 enrolled students, and inside each individual folder I'd like to create 15 individual folders cor...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I was needing to know the exact specification or computer requirements to purchase the right computer to do online college program that uses canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All,I am looking at a comparison of the two accessibility tools,  Blackboard Ally and Yuja Panorama. Does anyone here have any information to share on these two products? Thanks in advance. 

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We are  switching to Canvas. What are the procedures for moving my Verge videos, articles, pics, and tasks to Canvas for the upcoming school year?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you transfer a course from Canvas to Canvas? I tried using the directions on Canvas, but I cannot find the “Copy this Course” button. Please helpCrystal

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I've uploaded the wrong file into the assessment, and canvas only allows one attempt. Is there any way to remove the file, and upload the correct file?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would like to create quizzes that have random order for questions and answers.  It appears the only way to do this is to create a question group and link a question bank to it.  When you do this though, Canvas asks how many questions you would like...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Can I select the default as manual rather than automatic?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I insert the option "Delivery type" "Online" when setting a task?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

To do some analysis of previous courses I would like to regroup grades into separate categories that were not established originally. (I grouped all as "Assignments" but now would like to break the labs out into a separate "Labs" category.) Any way t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

A student in my course took an exam. I was reviewing the view log and it stops at question 15, however there were 31 questions. The student took 54 min to take the quiz and the view log stopped recording his responses after 29 min. He submitted the q...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Scenario:1) We import a Moodle course backup. The course imports without a problem. There is a module containing unpublished quizzes.2) We successfully attempted to copy the course to migrate all quizzes to New Quizzes.               3) The quizzes w...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 05-19-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

The Lockdown Browser is preventing me from signing back into Canvas, saying that I have the wrong ID and password (I do not) and I am unable to take a test.Please point me to a document or person who can remedy this problem.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi-First time Canvas Admin here. I work for a non-profit that runs a three-week training in the summer. Each week consists of different classes that last no more than 1 week. We are not a higher ed institution that will keep students for multiple yea...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how to add images in feedback comment in SpeedGrader?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to add a user to the top of a sub-account.  The only role I can see to add is Admin.  A user I made as admin is abusing the privilege.  I have created a downscale role that i would like to add to the top of the sub-account.How do I do that?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am working with my institution to set up Canvas as our new LMS. Was asked the question if We could send files to canvas using FTP of SCP  protocols? Have not been able to find a desired documentation explaining this. Any help would be great thanks

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there any way to edit items on my to-do list? Can I remove items? Is there a way to add quizzes/etc directly to the to-do list?additionally, is there any plan to make a widget for the to-do list?thanks!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies