Submission Problem

Jump to solution
mmsntos124
Community Member

I uploaded a file in the Discussion Board part of Canvas. I check my calendar twice and the uploaded file. It is successfully submitted but when I checked the graded assignment of my teacher the file was not visible anymore (in her end nor in my end) yet it was tag as submitted. I was confused because this is the first time that this happened.

Also, my second concern is that when I submitted an assignment, it was successfully submitted as always but when I check it the later the evening, it was tag as missing and reply is not possible anymore.

PLEASE HELP, THIS WILL AFFECT MY GRADES

Labels (4)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @mmsntos124

If it shows as submitted on your end, but the teacher can't see it It is likely their internet browser and we recommend clearing the cache and cookies or trying another browser.

In Chrome
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click the three dots
Click settings
On the left, choose Privacy and Security
Then, clear browsing data
At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time. I suggest at least 4 weeks
Next to "Cookies and other site data" and "Cached images and files," check the boxes.
Click Clear data.

If that doesn't work, it may have had an issue uploading. There have been instances where students submit files and the file shows for the teacher on the right of speedgrader for downloading (they should be able to do this) but not displaying in the speedgrader view. You can either resubmit, or ask the teacher to speak with Canvas Support to re-render the submission. This is all maybe and depends on the specifics of your assignment and submission.

Because of the complexity of the issue, and the concerns for privacy, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767

View solution in original post