Submission type - what to select for physical models or giving a talk?

Jump to solution
Andreas_Hopf
Community Member

My students submit mock-ups, physical models, working prototypes, or make a presentation or give a talk. Canvas only features No submission/Online/On paper/External tool.

What can I do? The Canvas online help offers no advice.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @Andreas_Hopf,

I would say in general that you'd select the "on paper" category for things which have some sort of deliverable/submission that is not online.  I break things down this way in my head:

• No Submission: - Something where students have a task but no deliverable.  Like "read chapter 1 of the text" or "Attend a group meeting"
  • Online: The submission/deliverable will be turned in online through Canvas itself
  • External Tool: The submission/deliverable will be turned in online through a third-party tool integrated with Canvas
  • On-Paper: The submission/deliverable will be turned in in-person or through some method outside of Canvas

The "on-paper" name might not be the most universal term for that method, but I think it gets the general point across for most things.  It would probably be difficult to have a list of every possible term there, so I wouldn't want Instructure to go in that direction myself.  Maybe if someone has a better suggestion for terminology, they could suggest it as an idea for a future change to Canvas.

Hope this helps a bit!

-Chris

View solution in original post