Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi there- I love the "Add to Student To-Do" date feature in Pages, but I was wondering if it's possible to change this date by section. I use Pages as Daily Class outlines, but sometimes my courses aren't on the same day. I'd love to make a page go t...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-21-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I delete all the messages in my Canvas inbox without having to do so individually?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am an instructor. Some text in Canvas is yellow, for example, selecting the HTML editor when creating an assignment. I cannot read anything that is yellow; it is just too dim on a white background. Can this be changed?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I inbox messaged my professor last night because I had accidentally dropped the course she was teaching.  When I woke up this morning, the course seems to have disappeared from my Canvas Course list and I am just worried that I won't be able to get a...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-20-2021 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am checking to see if it is possible to use the Google LTI 1.3 option and insert a link as opposed to embedding it in the Rich Text Editor.  Currently, when we choose this option, we only get the file to embed.  Teachers don't always want to embed ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello,  So we do an SFTP upload of CSVs to get our SIS data into Canvas.  We pass course dates through the CSVs, overriding the Term dates.  We also use blueprints as a template for our courses, which includes the front page, 2 modules, and several p...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi There. If a student is removed from a course (or marked concluded) due to a class change, what happens to their student work?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is it possible to move a table on a page to any location on the page?  It seems to be left aligned no matter what I try.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all! We have just set up our integration from JR and am doing a dummy enrolment. I get sent an email as the student to click here to complete the registration process and when I click that it just takes me to the log in page and says please log in...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I’ve locked all course content and set the modules to unlock on specific days.  However, all modules and course content is freely accessible when students use an iPad?  Am I missing a step? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have completed my course and passes the test but still not able to see the certificate of the completed course.

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

So if a copied file from one course to another does not count towards storage space, where is it stored? Is it linked from the original location or does it actually reside in the new course? There are some security issues..

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I am an instructor. I hosted the first Zoom meeting of the class this morning via ConferZoom. The meeting was recorded and a few hours later I received an email saying that "Copy the link below to share this recording (with the integrated audi...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-19-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I am an instructor. I'm not given an option to embed video when I click on the "Insert media" button in the rich text editor, only to link to course media or upload a video. I'm trying to embed a video from YouTube.

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, My students, when enrolling in canvas instructure aren't given an option to create a password. I have them look at settings and there is not option to change the password in settings. The school is piloting canvas, but I'm not part of that an...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-27-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to allow students to retake a Graded Quiz for Practice? For example, the student completes the Chapter 1 Quiz for a grade and scores 80%. Before the Midterm Exam, they want to retake that Chapter 1 Quiz for practice in preparing for th...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

What is the function of the microphone icon that has appeared to the left of the module titles/headings? I am an admin and it appears to have just shown up recently. The icon is also present in student view. I cannot find any reference to it in the m...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In previous version of Canvas, announcements would simultaneously go to students email account.  How can I make that happen in One Canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I' trying to create rubrics using the REST API.  I have a number of questions, but most seriously, I seem unable to give non-zero points to a criterion.  Here's the JSON that I have used to successfully create a rubric with one criterion: {"id":"1006...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

If I use zoom to record lecture, and do it though Canvas, is there a way that only some students (e.g. those with an approved absence) can view the link while others cannot?  Thank you so much!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning, I've hit this issue a few times and it is a bug in the canvas system that can be replicated. This only really occurs, if like me, you cannot use or choose not to use differentiated assignments.  Specifically if using the Turnitin LTI (n...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a problem when I use the new quiz feature. especially when I use a matching type of question.  when students answered the question, it turned Blank after they submit the answer. could you share some information or a problem solving about that....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In our old LMS we had the ability to post general information in different areas on our dashboard page.  We had a tab for things like IT Tips and Resources, Library Resources, Virtual Learning Resources, etc.  Is there a way to add something like tha...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-18-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How can I grade competencies on canvas?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

my canvas free for teachers no longer provides a file rename feature. thoughts?

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

We have Immersive Reader turned on, and is available in Teacher view, but when in student view (and students) are unable to see the IR button on Pages.  I have IR enabled and locked at the Root level, am I missing something? Or is this a Canvas Suppo...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-08-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I am currently unable to access my courses that are published during my current semester. The courses are greyed out even though they are published and the instructor says that they should be available to view. How do I access them?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is it possible to remove multiple students from a course?  I am wanting to reuse a course for the upcoming grade level and don't want to remove 180 students one at a time!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hope so

(Community Contributor)