Test Student

Jump to solution
PamelaImperato
Community Participant

This question does not relate to activating the "Student View."

I am trying to test items that are placed in a course by professors to see how they behave for both students and the professor.  I would like to get/add a test student within the course.

For example, to see whether a rubric would function for a professor if students are not submitting their assignment through Canvas (say handing something in hard copy) but professor still want to use the grade book and rubric -- this is just one example. 

The overarching question is how to get a test student into a the class.   

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
nwilson7
Community Champion

@PamelaImperato  Not sure everything you are trying to do but doing it in the student view activates the test student that is already setup in the course (yes, I realize you said you are not asking about the student view but felt I should point that out).  If you want a different test student or fake student in your course, you need to ask your Canvas administrators at your institution if there is a fake student that can be added to courses for this purpose.  For example, we have a few that we let people use for this purpose as needed (we normally reserve them for the admins to use but sometimes all faculty to use them too).

Hope this helps!

-Nick

View solution in original post