JeffMonjack
Community Member

de-cross list is not an option - what do I do now

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Solutions
nwilson7
Community Champion

@JeffMonjack You may need to reach out to the Canvas administrators for your institution or Canvas support for de-crosslisting.  I know at my institution, those are the only people that have that option.

Hope this helps,

Nick

View solution in original post

0 Likes
blopes
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @JeffMonjack 

The information @nwilson7  provided is correct. If you don't see the "de-cross-list" option, it means you don't have the permissions to complete that action. It would need to be performed by a Canvas administrator from your institution, or through Canvas Support, depending on the policies set by your institution. Some institutions do not allow Canvas Support to perform those either, and instead have you follow other routes such a request form or reaching out to an administrator directly. 

You would have to follow those routes to get your courses de-cross-listed. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@JeffMonjack ...

I would agree with both @nwilson7 and @blopes on this one.  I'll just throw this out...that if you were able to de-cross-list courses, you need to be logged in to the course where all the cross-listed courses were merged into.  For example, sometimes people call this the "parent" course and then all additional courses to be cross-listed are the "child" courses.  So, course "A" might be the "parent", and courses B, C, and D are the "child" courses.  All courses are cross-listed into course "A" ... the "parent".  So, you would need to log in to course "A", go to the "Settings" page, then click on the "Sections" tab.  Next, click on the name of one of the "child" courses ... B, C, or D.  Then, you might have the option to de-cross-list.  Again, @nwilson7 and @blopes have given you great direction on what to do if you still do not have this option available.  Hope this helps in some way.

How do I de-cross-list a section in a course as an instructor?

0 Likes