Time limit on quizzes?

Jump to solution
TyNicholson
Community Member

I know this question was asked a few years ago and wasn't available, curious if Canvas now has this option.  You can put a total time limit on Canvas quizzes, I would like to be able to put a time limit on each questions vs a whole quiz time limit.  Anyone know if this is a feature that has been added?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @TyNicholson ...

Unfortunately, setting a time limit on a single question in either current Classic Quizzes or New Quizzes is not an option.  Time limits are set for the quiz as a whole.  I realize this was from almost three years ago, but I found a similar question posted where I had replied:

Solved: Setting a time limit per question in Quizzes - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

My suggestion to you would be to submit this as a new idea here in the Community so that folks could review and evaluate it ... in case they would like to see something similar within New Quizzes (Instructure isn't really developing anything new for Classic Quizzes).

1. Go to: Canvas Ideas and Themes - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)
  2. Click on the blue "View and Submit Ideas" button.
  3. Click on the blue "Submit an Idea" button.  [or go here: Canvas Ideas - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)]

Also, I'd recommend reading through the documents about the development process and how to submit ideas under the heading "Ideas and Themes" within this link:

Instructure Community Guide - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

I hope this helps...even though it might not be the answer you were looking for.

View solution in original post