Transferring quizzes with pictures from Moodle to Canvas

Jump to solution
JosephJeffers
Community Member

I am an instructor attempting to transfer large quizzes (exams) from Moodle to Canvas. Most of the quiz questions contain pictures. After the transfer to Canvas, many of the pictures are all messed up. Most of the pictures end of with the wrong questions. Any solutions?

0 Likes
1 Solution
cstrikwerda
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @JosephJeffers 

Thanks for reaching out in the Community regarding your Moodle quiz question banks and transferring those to Canvas. You were reporting having some issues with the pictures contained within the questions either not coming through, or in the wrong questions. Usually with images not coming across we want to check how the images were embedded within the questions. We would possibly try to re-export the file from Moodle and try re-importing into the Canvas Course.

I am seeing that there is a possible workaround if the Moodle Question Banks were converted to QTI (with Respondus 4.0) and then imported into Canvas as a QTI file. I am wondering would this be a viable option?

if we are seeing issues with Moodle exports, Moodle support would be a good option to reach out and ask if they have a workaround as well. If we have an open ticket with Moodle, Canvas support can communicate with them through that internal ticket to see about any possible resolutions.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post