Trying to get RCE API working on Canvas

martinlillo
Community Member

Hi everyone! I wonder if someone could help me with this issue...

I've installed Canvas LMS on a cloudserver running Ubuntu 20.04. It works fine! But when I try to edit a page, the Files tab is disabled and the links fail to load in the Links tab.

I've been reading a lot, and I found out that there are hundreds of people struggling with this issue. So I learned that I had to configure the RCE service.

I've installed the RCE API and seems to work fine. When I run sudo npm start, the program keeps listening on 3000.

But when I try to access <site url>:3000 or <site url>:3000/test, I get the ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR error.

If I run sudo npm test, I get 11 errors, the first of which refer to Api Proxying.

An extract of the output:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

325 passing (14s)
11 failing

1) api proxying
proxies api requests from good tokens:
Error: Timeout of 2000ms exceeded. For async tests and hooks, ensure "done()" is called; if returning a Promise, ensure it resolves. (/var/canvas-rce-api/test/service/api/index.test.js)
at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:557:17)
at processTimers (internal/timers.js:500:7)

2) api proxying
passes on response codes:
Error: Timeout of 2000ms exceeded. For async tests and hooks, ensure "done()" is called; if returning a Promise, ensure it resolves. (/var/canvas-rce-api/test/service/api/index.test.js)
at listOnTimeout (internal/timers.js:557:17)
at processTimers (internal/timers.js:500:7)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I'm completely lost... 

I'm all ears!!!! Thank you!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes