URL shortcuts

Jump to solution
FlemmingVesterg
Community Explorer

Hi

I know there is a list of different shortcuts, that you can type in your URL, to make changes to the course. Like

/undelete at the end to undelete

.test. before instructure.com to work with at test version

etc.

Does anybody have a list with these small shortcuts?

Best regards

Flemming

1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @FlemmingVesterg,

Just to let you know, the /undelete URL is completely unsupported by Instructure, and is one of the main reasons (as far as I'm aware) that you don't see any documentation about it, other than a few people mentioning it in the community.  I believe it was originally intended to be a tool that Canvas Support personnel could use to quickly recover content, but I'm not sure about that.  I would not rely on that tool too much.

The Test/Beta environment s are documented:

But even with the official documentation, those areas are generally not something a teacher would work in very often (and students are almost always denied access outright to these environments).  As an admin, I have to be very careful what Canvas environment I'm working in, as it's easy to switch to a tab in Test/Beta and think I'm in the normal Canvas environment.  When this happens, any of the work done in test/beat doesn't apply to the normal Canvas environment.  That could be a lot of lost work for faculty.

Aside from the Canvas API, intended mostly for programmers, I don't think there are really any secret/hidden URLs that a teacher or student should be using in Canvas.

Hope this helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post