JoshOlson

Unable to access Canvas online or through app

I have been getting a 500 Error while attempting to log into my institute's canvas portal.

byui.instructure.com

Is anyone else having issues with this? services show that everything is operational, and a similar issue was resolved around 6:30, when I started having this issue. Any Tips on how I can resolve this? 

IOS app also appears to have issues as it will not load in my classes. "Unexpected error has occurred." 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CiaraWilliams

I am having this issue as well, it started around the same time you said. In my canvas app is says "something went wrong" and on the website it says "This page isn't working, currently unable to handle this request." 

0 Kudos
JoshOlson

Hi Ciara,
Mine just came back online. Hopefully yours has as well. It came back online earlier but quickly crashed again. Hopefully it is back up for good. 

0 Kudos
ColtonSwapp
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @JoshOlson

Thanks for posting this in the global Canvas Community!

It looks like you were able to get this resolved, which I am glad to hear! I just wanted to add that if you are seeing any issues such as this, you can always check out the instructure status page HERE to see if there are any known issues being reported surrounding Canvas.

I was able to confirm HERE that there was an issue being reported on the day you made this post.

Hopefully this helps!

-Colton