Video feedback harder to see now

Jump to solution
KelleyRobertson
Community Explorer

My role: Teacher 

As of approximately two weeks ago, it is harder for a student to see video feedback in their gradebook on Canvas. The video used to be embedded right in the gradebook page, and now it requires that the student go into the actual assignment submission or back into the modules and into the assignment/quiz that way, and many give up before that point. It's just too many clicks for them. 

Why this is urgent: This is especially important for our neurodivergent students and for our English Language Learners. Additionally, we are an online, asynchronous school, so video feedback is often the only way we will ever give face-to-face feedback to our students.

We suspect that this changed when an update happened on Canvas' end. Any answers as to why this may be, and is there any way it could go back to feedback videos being embedded in students' gradebooks? 

I am attaching a video of me explaining what it looks like on my end, which I know is pretty similar to what it looks like on a students' end. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution
KelleyRobertson
Community Explorer
Author

Thanks @chriscas—I did end up contacting Support. They confirmed that this is a bug that was only very recently reported, and my school was added to the list to fix. 

If you're experiencing this problem, too, I suggest that you contact Support (through your Canvas Dashboard) to have your school added! 

View solution in original post