When I transferred my old class to a new section, I also got all the old students' responses

Jump to solution
ReginaRichards
Community Novice

Obviously, I did something wrong but I can't figure out what it was or how to reverse it.  Please advise me.

Thank you

Regina Richards

0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @ReginaRichards 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with maintaining old student responses. To better assist you, we may need some more details. You went to your course settings (or people tab) and moved students from one section into another section? Then, their (discussion?) responses maintained? Or you  imported/copied over a course from a past semester to a current semester and the discussion responses remained? That is certainly abnormal behavior as students and their submissions do not copy over when you import from course to course.

Because of the complexity of the issue, and the concerns for privacy, it would be best if you contacted Canvas Support directly to pinpoint the source of the issue and provide a resolution:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Canvas-Basics-Guide/How-do-I-contact-Canvas-Support/ta-p/389767 

View solution in original post