Why can't students see Group Sets tab?

Canvas007
Community Member

This might be an oversight on my part but, I can't find the option to allow students see the group sets created by the course instructor. The instructor creating the group sets can see them as tabs. However, the students in the classroom only see one groups tab with all the groups listed.

Scenario: 
A faculty wants to create two group sets with self sign option, each group set has about 15 - 20 groups. After the faculty created the group sets and subsequent group lists, the faculty is able to see the group sets as tabs but the students only see one groups tab and have to scroll 30 - 40 plus group lists. 

Also, student view lists the groups but show them as locked. This creates a false issue as students not having access to the groups. 

Is this a limitation of Canvas groups or am I missing something in setting up Group Sets and groups?

The attachment show the confusion for faculty using the Canvas Student view (the locked icon causes faculty to panic students wouldn't be able to access the groups created) and the enrolled student view highlighting how all the groups showing in one endless list to scroll.

Labels (1)
0 Likes