Why is this STILL a thing? Why haven't you fixed the external tools/rubrics issue yet?

Jump to solution
BeccaBestul
Community Member

By now, any of us attempting to use an external tool with a rubric have figured out the hacks to get around the glitch. (I first need to create the assignment without the external tool, then add the rubric, then go back and edit the assignment to add the external tool.) However, if I make a mistake when using these hacks or decide after-the-fact to add a rubric for easier grading in speedgrader, it is very difficult to fix it without messing with the students' access to the assignment they're working on, or have already completed.

CANVAS, WHY HAVEN'T YOU FIXED THIS YET? I can find posts going back 8 years about this! PLEASE FIX!

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @BeccaBestul , @TrishaMeyer1 , and @SusanNiemeyer ...

So I have some pretty awesome news for you.  I was looking at part of the Deploy Notes for June 21, 2023.  There's a section on Assignments: External Tools Add Rubric Button.  I'd suggest checking it out...as I think you'll welcome this update when it is pushed out on Wednesday.  😉

Canvas Deploy Notes (2023-06-21) - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

View solution in original post