Will you please add a search bar?

Jump to solution
CVCASILL
Community Member

It would be much easier to navigate through so much information if there was a search bar at the top to take us right to where we need to go. Thank you in advance for your consideration of this request!

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, @CVCASILL ...

This sounds like a great idea for a Feature Idea submission.  However, I noticed that you are a pretty new member to the Community, so I don't believe that you'd yet be able to submit new ideas until your status is upgraded to "Member".  See Updates to Community Ranks and Roles - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com).

The Guides for creating Feature Ideas are at:

I know there is a third-party tool (there is a cost to this) that can be integrated with Canvas called Atomic Search.  Here's a website with some information on it:

Atomic Search for Canvas | Atomic Jolt

I think it *might* do some of the things you are hoping to accomplish.  You'd need to start a discussion with your school's local Canvas administrators to see if purchasing this to integrate into Canvas would be a possibility, though.

I hope this will help a bit.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

In addition to what @Chris_Hofer shared, there is a long-time idea open that (if implemented) would allow all Canvas users to search courses. Please vote and rate the thread! You'll automatically receive updates from the conversation, too.Comprehensive Course Search Tool (Searching Course Content for a Topic) 

View solution in original post