assignment uploading

Jump to solution
TeresaYoguez
Community Member

(I'm using Canvas in laptop) I don't know how to report a bug but I think I found a bug in file submission. I accidentally click the submit assignment button without attaching the file first, so canvas notified me that it can't pass an empty submission. However, as I tried to click "Upload File", the button does not work, it just become unresponsive no matter how many tries I do it. So I went back to dashboard, and click the course again and choose my assignment, this time I clicked the button "Upload File" and now the button works. 

To verify if the bug is really consistent I tried it again in different assignment, I click the submit assignment without attaching anything, after the notification I tried to click the button "upload file" and it doesn't work again.

I hope this problem will be solved, good luck to the developer team of Canvas. Have a great day!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good morning, @TeresaYoguez and @LydiaJones2 ...

Sorry to read that you are both experiencing issues with the button to submit assignments to your instructors.  If you are finding a potential bug in how Canvas is working, I would highly suggest that you report that to Canvas.  You'll want to be on the screen where you are experiencing the issue.  Then, click on your "Help" icon on the far left-hand side global navigation menu of Canvas.  You should see a link to "Report a Problem".  When you submit this form, some additional metadata will be sent along with your ticket to let the Canvas technician know some additional details about your course.  You'll receive a reply from the Help Desk staff, and hopefully they will be able to get this resolved for you soon!

Please come back to this thread to provide an update for everyone as well...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes