assignments index

Jump to solution
jwalz
Community Participant

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE??  -  Module info that an Assignment is listed in is now GONE!

Your own documentation:  (item #5 below)  Indicates that is WAS there and SHOULD be there.  

--------------------------------

View Individual Assignment

Each assignment displays the assignment name [1], due date (if any) [2], the number of points the assignment is worth [3], and assignment draft state status (published or unpublished) [4].

You can also set varied due dates for an assignment and create due dates according to course section. Varied due dates appear as multiple dates.

If an assignment is associated with a module, the module name will appear on the individual line item of the assignment [5].

-----------------------------

But now in our canvas courses this is now MISSING.  No longer there.   What happened?  We really need to have the Module Name listed on the Assignment in the Assignment Index.  

Please bring it back!

2 Solutions
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thank you @jwalz for including the screenshot and for quoting the Canvas Guides document How do I use the Assignments Index Page? I confirmed this same behavior on a couple of Canvas instances where I roam. I will share this feedback in the places where I can, and I hope that you add your voice in a couple of places:

1. Contact your local Canvas support team. This is the quickest way to get the information to the developers who can update Canvas
  2. Select the Leave Feedback button on the bottom of the Canvas Guides document. This is the quickest way to get the information to the document team here in the Community, and they too will be able to notify the developers

Thank you again for catching this!

I’m going to mark this reply as a solution. I realize it does not solve the problem, but our colleagues who make the same discovery will know the best option.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Hi @jwalz  -  I'm sorry you're frustrated with the change to the Assignments page. Thank you for bringing this into the Community! With some research today, I learned that this is a bug, and you aren't the only customer experiencing the issue. Once it's announced as a Known Issue, we'll add it to our page.

@ProfessorBeyrer's recommendation is correct. The next best step is to contact your Support team so they can submit a ticket to Instructure Support. The more information they can collect, the sooner the engineers can develop and implement a solution.

View solution in original post