Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi, We are looking for a simple, easy to use survey tool that integrates with Canvas seamlessly (users can create and assign surveys to enrolled members on the course and track responses). The main use of this survey tool will be course evaluations b...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Students aren't able to see assignments in a certain subject on their calendar even though the subject has been colored in. It also does not show in agenda view or weekly view. What can I do to help?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-27-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do you Sign into accounts@google.com ?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-20-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Within the last 48 hours, Quizlet no longer gives me the option of printing out paper flashcards. I've been doing this for me students for YEARS, and now its gone.  My question: can anyone else confirm this?  Thanks in advance! Matt in Pa.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-22-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I recently had a midterm and needed to email the course coordinator because I couldn't submit my work. The issue was that I sent the email at 9:02, just 2 minutes after the deadline but the instructor said he received it at 9:14. Is there any ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-26-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am a parent and I need to change my email address, there is NO HELP tab on my account only SUPPORT and that will not help me  The Star does not appear even after I have registered my new email and there is not customer service number to call which ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way to increase the size (number of characters) that can be entered in the NOTES in the Gradebook?  I like to track data for students specifically email communications regarding failing grades. 

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all you genius helpers! Time-sensitive question: A "new" icon/link for downloading embedded documents from a Canvas Page is suddenly appearing, and I am looking urgently to discover a way to disable or eliminate this item. We have copyright pro...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 14 Replies

Prior to this weekend the gradebook would display grades for assignments even before they were due.  Now, assignments only appear in the gradebook after the due date.   I like keeping certain assignments open for longer periods of time and having the...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How can I have students receive an email of a delayed posted announcement

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If a course ... Belongs to a TERM with an end dateHas "Participation" field changed to "Course"Has a course start date enteredHas NO course end date (blank field)   When will this course soft conclude? On the end date of the term?Never due to the mi...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-25-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Not sure how to search for or if Canvas is even capable of performing this function… I’m looking for a way to have multiple (randomly selected) questions for a single question (i.e. like a rolodex of question choices for a given question). There migh...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When calling the courses API I get a 504 Gateway Time-out error at random times. This is not a consistent error, but is happening once per month at least and I cannot find a cause to this problem. It doesn't seem to be related to outages and is alway...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Trying to release a course to students today, Under 'participation', I chose 'course' and today's date at 4 pm. When I save details in reverts to Jan 01, 2025.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I attended a webinar about Equatio integration into the RCE in Schoology (a true integration versus the current "insert  Equatio menu" - the Equatio rep said it would also become available in Canvas. Any idea when that might occur?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-01-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I try to subscribe to canvas  webhooks for an  LTI2 tool. (I'm using canvas-lms stable brach on github installed on my server).  But to create the subscription, canvas (the file live_events_subscription_service.rb) do a request on an external ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm creating an IF function and I have several others that I know work -  such as if(b+c<a,0,if(a+b<c,0,if(a+c<b,0,1))) can be used to determine if 3 given numbers create a triangle - so I know my general process is correct.My new formula determines ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way of reordering the list of the courses you are enrolled on in the Calendar view? It's easy enough on the Dashboard view but any changes I make there don't seem translate into the order I see them on my Calendar view.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I have been importing quizzes/exams from a previous semester into my current semester which I then edit or update rather than starting from scratch. So far I have imported 2 exams but when I went to import the 3rd it showed up differently and ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there a way to set a minimum F of 50% for any attempted auto-graded assignment? I know we can set a 50% for any missing assignment - but that isn't what I need.  

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am assigning specific students make-up assignments, only under a different name and a different module. When assigning the students who need the assignment, it does not give access to those specific students. It doesn't show due dates and those stu...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello all - is there somewhere in Canvas students can check how many hours they've logged into Canvas? Obviously, I can tell them when I click on People in the course; but does anyone know of a way the student can see this for themselves? I couldn't ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-24-2021 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I need help... I'd like to start using badges and have a plan (that's already been somewhat thwarted by the inability to give gold/silver/bronze level badges for the same module)... I'd like to give students to ability to earn a badge by % score for ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

High School teacher here- A couple of days ago I implemented a late penalty into Canvas. What I didn't realize was this new action would "retro-affect" previously submitted assignments. I've gone back in and removed the penalty designation in the sys...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I created an assignment in Canvas and only chose my in-person students. I created another assignment for my virtual students. I did not choose everyone on either assignment, only specific students. When I try to Grade Sync them to Infinite Campus, it...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Are there best practices for how to cite sources in Canvas pages? Is it better to have a reference list at the end of each page, or one reference list at the end of the lesson? I'd appreciate ideas/input on whether one way or the other is more user-f...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,I have been seeking a way to search all of the discussion boards in a course for a name (in order to gauge overall participation). Is there a way to do that now? There was a conversation in 2017 but I can't find anything more recent addressing ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

My student cannot automatically access a Google Cloud assignment.  He has to request access every time.  I have gone into his account and made it so he accepts all cookies.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

My canvas website is not loading on my MacBook. I have tried going to canvas on Microsoft Edge, Chrome, and Safari, but the website is still not working properly. Below is the link to a video which shows the website problem: https://drive.google.com/...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How to unlink multiple assignments I have in all modules. I have the same copy with its content of one assignment in all modules. how do I stop that?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies