Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

My partner teacher & I shared Sandbox Courses for each of our preps. She is leaving the district. When her employment officially ends and her account is deactivated, will I lose access to the Sandbox Course she initially created? Or will I still have...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to get set up for my six week course LGTC 5045 and am having trouble. My chromebook doesn't seem to allow me to add the CU Boulder gmail with adding @gmail.com to the endand I don't see all the options on my screen when trying to follow t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, my name is Martin and me and my company have a few questions we are not quite clear about and hope, someone can help us!   1)  Does Canvas support 1-click-login? 2) Does Canvas allow us to check the learning progress of each account in the backgr...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

For some reason, I'm unable to accept courses on my own. I never get an email or get the notification on canvas that I'm invited into a course. Sometimes, the invite never shows up but then a couple of days, later I'm suddenly part of the course. I s...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have recently been making some tools so that I can automate some processes, one of these is making an announcement for a Bachelor's or Master's thesis presentation.  To do this I extract some information constructed using a LaTeX temple and then cr...

Community Champion
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hi, I have tried to create a course that is only for exam purposes. Students will only go to that class to take the exam and I will be able to release the grade manually in the main course. How do I do that?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I do not see any links to an email of sorts for cancelling accounts, and im not sure why it is so difficult to just get an agent to help with this. I need an email, or if someone can show me a guide on how to do it on my end would be great. I was usi...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have SCORM content (created in Captivate) which is uploaded to the SCORM area in a Canvas Course and then embedded in content pages with iFrames. The problem is that if the learner downloads a file on that same page, the SCORM content  disappears a...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi! I am trying to incorporate Mastery Paths to a class. I followed the step-by-step guide and was able to create a path using an evaluation I created after activating MP function; but if I try to create a MP with an evaluation from before the activa...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I represent a content provider. My development team built an LTI app and submitted it for review here- https://www.eduappcenter.com/apps/new. There has been no confirmation that it was received and I don't see any information about next steps or what...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm new to Python and CanvasAPI, and I'm learning the ropes of calling information. I'm seeking to print off the json display of a get_submission request for a single assignment. Here's my code thus far:       canvas = Canvas(API_URL, API_KEY) test_...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello!  I am reaching out to the Community to share.  For a couple of weeks our students have been having difficulty accessing Zoom through Canvas on Chrome.  This morning we figured it out!  If your students are having this issue, have them go to Se...

• 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a template available that allows me to enroll students into a course and a course section? 

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In a course, in Files, the icons to manage the files and folders are missing. Here's what we have:   What we want is what we can see posted in the Canvas Community:  

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

18 June 2021 Has there been any changes made to the system regarding the ability to add an Observer into a course over the last week or two?  The reason I ask is that I have been trying all week to add Observers onto courses and am receiving the foll...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi. Speedgrader is used regularly by our teachers, but is well hidden in menus with several steps to get to it. They have requested if it is possible to create a shortcut to this functionality?  Either by adding it as a tab in a course or if there is...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I made a quiz wherein there were MCQs and Fill-in-the-Blanks. However, upon checking the answers of my students using the Action Log, I noticed that there were a number of Fill-in-the-Blank questions wherein the answers of the students are included i...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm the Canvas admin for our school district. This week I added the new Google Assignments LTI 1.3, and removed the previous Google Apps LTI. Then I noticed that Docs and Slides embedded in the Rich Content Editor with the old Google LTI were no long...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

hello, My fullerton account is disable, i cant even access Canvas or anything, Kindly help on the way forward

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Howdy! At our university, Honorlock is paid for by our DE (Distance Education) program and therefore only they should have access to it. Right now, Honorlock sits hidden in the main course navigation menu but can be added to any course if the profess...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How does your school/institution handle incomplete grades?  We are in the process of moving from Blackboard to Canvas.  In Blackboard we were able to create columns for the Incomplete grades, and we used the notes for instructions to include any addi...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Feedback mechanisms on webpages or individual page objects (e.g. videos) is a fairly ubiquitous method for gaining user feedback. Is there a way to do this in Canvas? The requirement would be that it would capture the button clicked and the associat...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm having trouble uploading a picture to file it says error 400. when I try to submit it to discussion reply it says something went wrong check internet connection and try again

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have a person in our organization who is a student in a course and also a teacher in other courses.  In the course where she is a student, she can edit as a teacher, even though she has only one role in the course- a student. Any ideas on how to en...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello! My district is attempting to set up Account Roles to prepare for a csv upload of our district personnel who will not be automatically imported through our SIS connection. The majority of our district-level users (counselors, secretaries, etc) ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi. I have my course, which is ungraded, divided into sections. When I create an assignment, it is assigned to only one section. I was under the impression that students in a section could only see assignments assigned to their section. However, a st...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My lti 1.3 tool oidc_initiation_url is receiving an lti_message_hint of eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJ2ZXJpZmllciI6ImRjYzhhNzNjYjUxMzFjY2UxNjcwZmRjYWU4MzM3NjRmOGU3MTJlNTBjNTJiODc2YWJiODk3OGY2MjMwMzczMGJkZmFiZDUwMTgwOWMxZWI5MmY3ZWZhMTE1NmY2Y...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

A student is not receiving email notifications from notifications@instructure.com to their Bigpond address. They were able to receive emails to the same address for a previous course earlier this year, and their course notification settings are on. T...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all, I am a designer (not an instructor). I set up a course and a test bank for a course that had Kevin as an instructor in 2019. Now, Mark in the new instructor and I set up a new class for him and imported the course contents from the 2019 cours...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies