audio pop out and move to the side when recording feedback

Jump to solution
ElinorA4004
Community Explorer

When I record feedback, the controls block the student's work that I need to see.

I like recording my feedback as audio, but when I do the audio controls block the student work I'm commenting on. I have to take a screen shot of their work so that I can go through it point by point.

Is there a way to get those controls out of the way? I don't like uploading separate audio files if I don't have to b/c it's extra steps and I don't know if the students can open and hear it as easily.

0 Likes
1 Solution
JeffW
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @ElinorA4004!

I know that's difficult to leave feedback on something that you are not actively able to see. Unfortunately there is not a method to pop the recorder out of the page. I would recommend, as an alternative, opening the speed grader in a second tab so that you have two open, leave the comment in one and use the other to navigate their submission.

I tested this in my sandbox to make sure I could change to the second tab after starting the recording and confirmed that it will continue to record. Once you are done, you can switch back to the tab you are recording in and finalize your audio comment.

View solution in original post

0 Likes