Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I'm hoping there is a way to group my question banks into categories, but I haven't found it.For example, I created the following banks:I really like the ability to use Groups to pull a certain number of questions from each bank. This ensures that st...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is there a list of known issues? I've been searching for one but I have not found one.

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-21-2022 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Why do you release "upgrades" that don't work? In the past, we posted ONE comment that was returned with quizzes for all respondents. This year, you decided to "improve" the program by supplying options for different comments. But I can't edit or del...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello all.Ecommerce assistance needed.We are looking to create a subscription based tiered platform within Canvas, with each teacher, who teaches multiple subjects, creating their own accounts within a school account, and the teachers courses/subject...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

how do I add a rubric to an assignment for speed grading?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is it possible in the Attendance module to mark someone as having an 'excused' absence or at least leave comments re: attendance?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-25-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do I change the font of what I am typing for a post on canvas?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-24-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I'm using an ungrading-style course where students compile points toward the grade they set as their goal. I figured out how to get the accumulated points to show in the gradebook, and I realized that I had to set "ungraded to zero" to make the point...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I just did a little experiment. I created a rubric from the assignment page. When I went to delete the rubric (using the trash can icon) the rubric was completely removed from the course (I checked the manage rubric area).I then created a rubric from...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 9 Likes
  • 24 Replies

Hello all,Very simply, is there a way to create a single Announcement and have it automatically sent to all my classes? I teach college level AutoCAD and Revit software classes, and often the announcement commentary applies to both classes identicall...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello!I was hoping someone could help me figure out how to indent the beginning of a paragraph in the Rich Content Editor. I only want the first line in each paragraph indented, not the entire paragraph. I can't find a natural way to do this, but I'm...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-24-2019 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Cuando entré a Canvas por primera vez lo hice desde mi celular, creando mi cuenta a través de una invitación a mi correo de gmail pero cuando quiero entrar desde mi Laptop directamente desde el explorar de Google no puedo. Dice que usuario o clave in...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

How can I allow a single student to retake a quiz?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 8 Replies

I need to give #partial credit for multiple choice test item(s) within a quiz issues In Blackboard I can make each response have partial value automatically scored such as a=100%; b=80%; c=70%; & d=60% and no response=0%. In Canvas if the student res...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 12-21-2021 View Solution
  • 15 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I am trying to create groups for an assignment. I have cross-listed my classes, so I selected to automatically create groups and select that they must be in the same section. However, Canvas grouped all sections. I want 11 groups of 3 for each sectio...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-22-2020 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why would be the cause and solution for why the Quiz column in the Gradebook being greyed out?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-21-2022 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Is anyone using Salesforce to maintain student records? We are looking to create an API or connection between salesforce and canvas. 

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Does anyone have a clever suggestion for an assignment that is posted in one module, but "due" in another module? In other words, it spans multiple modules with the submission link visible in a later module.

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-26-2019 View Solution
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

As we want to change a specific notification setting of all our 400+ admins (with only read rights) in our sub-account, I have been trying to make sense how the notification preferences in the interface (canvas.instructure.com/profile/communication) ...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I am able to copy and paste text, but I don't see a place to upload a word or pdf file as part of the question.  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-17-2020 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

When will the option to load audio files (.mp3) files be added into quizzes.next? This option is currently available in the old quiz text editor and it is a critical component especially for music courses. It is missing in the text editor in quizzes....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-25-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

It seems as though I end up with multiple duplicate question banks, this is a multi part issue that has bothered me for a few years. I'm just finally now trying to resolve it, instead of using my tedious work arounds.Caveat: I searched for an answer ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-15-2019 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My institution is moving to a zero-cost textbook.  I've set up a course with MyOpenMath and I want to integrate this course with Canvas.  Since my institution has not yet set up a school-wide LTI Key and Secret, I was given a Key and a Secret to set ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-13-2019 View Solution
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How can you tell who likes your posts?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 02-18-2019 View Solution
  • 4 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I have a professor that has assigned a graded discussion, however when trying to grade it through Speedgrader the post and replies do not appear.  The only thing that appears on the Speedgrader screen is:He can select "view the full discussion" and s...

(Community Contributor)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-31-2020 View Solution
  • 3 Likes
  • 19 Replies

In the past we've had problems with students submitting their assignments as an attachment in a comment. This causes several problems:- It's more difficult to see in the Gradebook who has and hasn't submitted assignments.- As students can add comment...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 9 Replies

How to email question to instructor in canvas

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 01-11-2019 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi - I am trying to figure out a way to bulk download annotated submissions from Canvas. What I would like to be able to do is to download all annotated submissions for a particular student across a number of Canvas courses. This is that the student'...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 04-26-2019 View Solution
  • 11 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Can I bilk import test questions from a spreadsheet?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Once I create a rubric, is there a way to rearrange the items, or add items into the rubric, not necessarily at the end?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-14-2022 View Solution
  • 7 Likes
  • 27 Replies