Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

I'm working on a course retention policy to delete courses great than 3 years old.  I'm concerned about  institutional outcomes that have been placed. Does anyone know if the data will stay intact if the course it was captured in is no longer in exis...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi,Raised this with Canvas as well, but hoping to find a way around it.I am able to create Rubrics and Outcomes to an assignment in the root level and import these Rubrics and Outcomes to an assignment. We do not want Rubrics/ Outcomes to be visible ...

• 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I'm looking for the list of electives I can choose from.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I reset my to do list in order to see to do items I've hidden?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Can a Canvas course be listed under two separate subcatalogs?  When I am trying to add a course listing to a subcatalog it is not populating and I am wondering if it is because it is already listed in another subcatalog.  Does anyone have any experie...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hey Canvas Admins! We're looking at a request for a course that would function as a communication tool/information portal for all of our HS students. With ~20,000 students plus their parents enrolled as observers, we're looking at a course enrollment...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Do you have any examples/descriptions of your adult training/professional learning scope/sequence in Canvas to share?We are trying to set up ongoing Canvas experiences, maybe using badges, but always trying to move our teachers along, growing in thei...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello!  I would like to set up a quiz using the flow of a Case Study such that students are presented information and questions one at a time (I can do this) but they are also able to go back and see the previous information and their answers to ques...

• 4 Likes
  • 13 Replies

I am new at using the Collaboration option with Canvas. If I use Google Docs as my collaboration tool, can students see all of my Google files/sheets/slides/mail? Or do they see just the document I want them to collaborate on?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! Are there are any apps one could use to enable the students to read epub-files directly in Canvas? The dream scenario would be if they could open a regular page in a course and then find the e-pub reader ready for use on the course page. Our s...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Since +/- 2 days I haven't been able to add existing assignments and quizzes to the Assignment section. In the Assignment section, when I click the + button to add an assignment, I no longer see the option to choose an assignment or a quiz that I alr...

• 3 Likes
  • 15 Replies

How do I apply hanging indent for my references?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Quite recently I have been having an issue of using the space bar.  Sometimes it simply does not work in Canvas.Then, I will backspace and delete what I wrote and it starts working again...but could just as easily stop.This is not a problem with my k...

• 16 Likes
  • 75 Replies

Hi, We have an assignment that was accidentally assigned too many points. Basically, the assignment was supposed to be out of 10 points with a potential 3 bonus points and so the possible points were listed as 13, not 10. This problem was discovered ...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Whenever I try to install OneDrive cloud assignment or even the GoogleDrive cloud assignment on my self-hosted CanvasLMS instance. I get the following error error {"error":"invalid_client","error_description":"unknown client"}I have tried this with m...

• 0 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is it possible to export/ download student scores for the criteria in a rubric? Teachers must show growth in certain domains in addition to an overall rubric score for writing. A spreadsheet of each student's data would make this possible through Can...

• 10 Likes
  • 16 Replies

If I delete a course via the API, is there any reason do delete any sections related to it as well? Thanks.

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello fabulous community.I recently came into the Canvas Admin role in my district. We are trying to create L1, L2, and L3 support for Canvas issues. Our teachers have adopted the practice of just emailing me directly. I want to start pushing support...

Instructure Instructure
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 0 Replies

As a Canvas Admin, is it possible to #track changes to a course made by the course instructor, such as a file that was posted then later deleted? For example, teacher posts example essay and then later deletes it. (Not "unpublish) Then a Canvas Admin...

• 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi there.  We are new to Canvas, and my students are getting emails everyday when there are replies on the discussion posts in this course.  I know that each student can change their preferences for notifications, but is there a way I can turn this o...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Our campus is transitioning to Canvas.  We (two of us) are doing all the training.  We have the basic trainings either done or scheduled.  Instructors come if they want.  We have spring break coming up and many instructors will be available to come t...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,I am upload a enrollment, user, courses csv files via the SIS Import Api and i am having this error "Error while importing CSV. Please contact support. (Error report 45090000006448363)". This is really hard to find why occurs this error, please if...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello, I have an instructor i added to two sections of another class but she cannot view the assignments. Can you help me to know how to fix this?Thank youPrince.

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi Canvaseers. I am working on two different implementations of Canvas. In one, the content window stretches to 100% of the remaining space available in the browser window, but in the other, stops around the 75% mark (pls see screenshots below). I've...

• 6 Likes
  • 12 Replies

Does anyone know for sure if you have university account level outomes in canvas and they are copied to the sub account level - is this a real "copy" or is it drawing from the University Level outcomes? I hope this makes sense.  Robin

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have created a Quiz in Canvas with two questions that have the answer "0". One is a numerical answer question where students input "0" as the answer and the second is a fill in the blank question where students input "0".When students go to submit ...

• 3 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I am working on creating an interactive element to self-test learners to see if they are ready to pursue an online degree at my institution. These were more common back when online education was first coming into the scene, I was wondering if there w...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am experimenting with letting students view the correct responses to their quizzes and exams. Historically I have not done this because my class is so large that it takes about a week to get everyone quizzed or tested and I want to mitigate ...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Parent App,We use microsoft authentication for our instance for staff and students. We are keen to use the parent app, however microsoft authentication highjacks the app when parents try to use it. Is there a workaround?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I find it very frustrating that the Canvas quiz log seems to be inconsistent. I am hoping to get some feedback on several quiz logs (attached). These are from three separate exams given on different days. All logs are created by the same student. Thi...

• 8 Likes
  • 20 Replies