de-cross listing

Jump to solution
CarolinaBravo6
Community Member

I cross-listed a course but want to undo. I do not see the de-cross-list button on my settings. Help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@CarolinaBravo6 ...

Re-cross-listing a course (as @robert_hollenbe describes) will not be the solution you want.  You'll need to use the de-cross-listing steps outlined in:

How do I de-cross-list a section in a course as an... - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Let's say that you have two course, A and B, that have been cross-listed together.  In my example, I chose to make course A the "parent" course, and course B the "child" course...so that all enrollments from course B flow into course A after the cross-listing has been completed.  When you click on your "Settings" >> "Section" tab, you should see both of those courses listed under the "Course Sections" heading.  To de-cross-list those courses, you need to choose course B under the "Course Sections" heading, and you should see an option for "De-cross-List this Section".  This will return things back to how they were...two separate course shells in Canvas.  If you do not see this option, then you'll need to reach out to your school's Canvas administrator or someone from their Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Education department to see if they can help you further.

I hope this will help a bit!  Sing out if you have any questions...thanks!

View solution in original post