how do I comment on the individual scores in speedgrader when using a rubric

Jump to solution
vhadams3
Community Member

I was able to had comments to the different parts of the rubric grade, and it actually retained the comments so I wouldn't have to write the same comment over and over. Some how when grading this assignment those options have disappeared from the viewer. Also, the scores entered into each section of the rubric aren't posting to the overall grade correctly...help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
greydon
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @vhadams3 

Thank you for contacting the Canvas Community. We're sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues with using rubrics for grading. As long as you set up the rubric correctly when you created the assignment (select the Use this rubric for assignment grading checkbox) you should be able to use the rubric solely for grading purposes. you also should be able to leave comments on the rubric. You can leave additional comments within the speedgrader on the right also. It is likely that box wasn't checked when you added it to the assignment and thus not using the filled rubric for grades. 

Here is the Canvas guide:

https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-use-a-rubric-to-grade-submissions-in-Sp... 

View solution in original post

0 Likes