Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

When we were on Blackboard, I could not only delay an announcement, but I could also enter a close or hide date. I have several announcements that only need to be visible for a couple of weeks, but I don't delete them, because I need to make a quick ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-02-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When creating assignments in the modules page, it does not allow you to specify which assignment group to put it in. This always results in having to go back and clean up later.Conversely, you can't seem to specify a module when creating an assignmen...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to add a button next to the "Next" button seen at the bottom of the page.  Is this possible?  It is outside the actual "editable" area, so I am not sure how this can be done.  Please advise.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, We are using the API endpoint:GET /api/v1/courses/:course_id/modules/:module_id/items?student_id=:idFor some students we receieve error codes 403 Forbidden and 401 Unauthorized, we are wondering if anyone know the reason for this?Researching, we ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-03-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I’m doing a 3D drawing on my canvas but I wanted to do it in pencil first then go back in with marker. The issue is the pencil is starting to smear, I’m trying to erase the smearing as I go but it’s becoming a bit much. Am I able to erase later after...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

This week I am noticing intermittent 504 Gateway Time-outs when accessing users with large enrollments. I have submitted a support ticket and their suggestion is to delete enrollments for large volume users or: One option would be to create another a...

(Community Champion)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

My school uses canvas and next week I have an online test through the system. My professor said that he is able to see if students are cheating through the analytics of his canvas account. I am not planning on cheating, but I was wondering what a pro...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does Canvas expose a way to view SSO login errors?I know we can look into login activity from Admin tools section in Canvas but from what I see we only have LOGIN/LOGOUT but no errors.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello all my issue is I don’t get the join button. I get the invite and see it in conference section. However no invites. I’ve asked our instructor to resend and asked our help desk for advice. Still doesn’t show up. Any ideas or advice would be help...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The instructor was unable to correct the Question banks in the following cases: Question banks for the previous semester with an end date Only the manager could fix the Question banks. How does the instructor correct the Question banks in a course wi...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

When assessing criteria from a rubric in speed grader in Canvas, when the score is completed, the total score does not show up anywhere on the report or in speed grader. Why not?  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am attempting to do a Quiz question where students are required to upload a file but it will not work please advise?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've been frustrated with these overlays in the Speedgrader that sit overtop student text submissions and block their work so I have to either use context clues or keep resizing my window to move the overlays' positions. Here's an example of what I'm...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In creating blueprint courses, is there a way to lock the course navigation links? I found information regarding locking the course navigation links using the template model, but could not find anything about creating a blueprint that allows admin to...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I am designing an exam using a question bank for randomization within Canvas, and we are wondering if you have any insight into how Canvas randomizes its questions. We will have 13 different Quizzes of approximately 80 questions each, with an ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas won't work on my computer anymore and I do not know why. It just won't load and I definitely need it to. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-01-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hyperlinkes to an external source, there are now a box with an arrow that is currently breaking our css styles in courses. This new “feature” seems to be  messing with our banner CSS code.See attachment

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

How do we add the ReadSpeaker button on our Canvas accounts?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My grades are not loading up for my Macroeconomics Class from Cengage to Canvas. The teacher thought I was not submitting them, but I have been. Is there anything I can do on my end?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We want to be able to view points versus percentages in the grade book assignment group columns, we also would like to print point totals by assignment group. I have checked New Analytics, and Grades Export  I am not finding anywhere to print this in...

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Have two students who blkivit manually deleted by mistake. Now I can't put them in again as the SIS id is busy. How do I recreate the students?

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 11-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have created a post in Canvas that is from the Savvas MyPerspectives LTI.  We are trying to grade the assignment but when we go into Speedgrader, it says no preview is available.  When we go into Savvas, it says that the assignment is graded in th...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am interested in enrolling in some of the Certified Education Courses (Higher Education) that are being offered by Canvas and I would appreciate some feedback regarding the overall quality of the courses...Also, some started last week (October 24, ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am a beginning teacher in middle school. The previous teacher had shared her modules with staff, who then sent them to me. Some of the presentations were shared on google drive with me. However, several modules have google slide presentations embed...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My instructor wants me to schedule an appointment with her. I can select the instructor, the date, and the day. I cannot actually book the appointment.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi everyone,Is there a way that we can download completed rubrics of students in an image format so we can share it via another platform/email? Trying to avoid screenshotting and an extra step for teachers. Thanks.

(Community Participant)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Our school policy is to give no score less than 50%. In other words "Missing" work or low scoring work would be recorded no lower than 50%. It is still failing, but this makes it easier for their grade to recover.  On Canvas, I can set the "missing" ...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello! At our institution we are looking for a way to auto enroll a student in a canvas "orientation" course that we want to create to give them a basic tutorial on how to use canvas. I know that self enrollment is an option - but was wondering if th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, I have a quiz with multiple attempts, and I graded one of the first ones, but it is not showing the grade in the grade book. However, when I go into the speed grader, I see the grade there, but it is greyed out. Images attachedThanks for any a...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Due to a Canvas outage, I allowed my students extra time to submit a paper. However, one of my student’s submissions isn’t being acknowledged by Canvas although I have seen and graded the assignment. The grade book shows the score, but it also displa...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies