how to tag a Google Forms with File upload option enabled in google forms - not in Canvas

Jump to solution
vishill
Community Member

am looking for a solution to a small problem - i want a Google form (with upload enabled) which has few fields based on which students fill the form and can attach - link (url) or pdf or jpg files and submit their assignment.  This google form i want to use in an assignment. Any ideas of how i can do that? I have tried the using Google Drive Cloud Assignment - but it talks all about Google Sheet, Google Document, Google Slideshare - but nothing about Google Form. Hence am unsure whether it works the way i want it to.

What i want: 

1- Student get assignment in CANVAS

2- Pre designed Google form embedded which allows students to open the form when they open the assignment

3- Students fill in the form and uploads URL or PDF or JPG and SUBMIT depending on their selections

4- I see the assignment submitted in CANVAS with the files uploaded  onto Google Drive

5- through SpeedGrader give marks and done!

Possible? Kindly suggest...

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @vishill ...

Since we cannot see the question that are in your Google Form, I am curious to know if there are questions in your Google Form that wouldn't work in a Canvas Quiz (using the Survey option)?  If the questions in your Google Form are simply multiple choice, true/false, or a fill-in-the-blank type of question, those could all be built in Canvas...including the file upload question type.  Would you be open to using Canvas instead of a Google form?  Are there other things that Canvas doesn't do that the Google Form does that using the Canvas Quizzes interface wouldn't be beneficial for your needs?

Let Community members know how we can continue to help you out with this...thanks!

View solution in original post

jerry_nguyen
Community Coach
Community Coach

@vishill 

There is no integration between Canvas and Google Forms. You'll need to create a quiz in Canvas as @Chris_Hofer  suggested. Quizzes on Canvas also allow students to upload files.

QuizFileUpload.JPG

View solution in original post