The easiest way I can think of is to convert to weighted categories, put everything in one category worth 100%, and then put your EC quiz in its own category worth whatever percentage you want it to be. So for example, you have 1000 total points and you want the EC to be up to 40 more points, you could make the EC category worth 4%. Does that make sense?
Making an entire quiz worth extra credit isn't easy in Canvas if you are using a Points based gradebook. The following directions explain how to make this happen:
- Create a quiz
- Provide point values for each question. (making the quiz worth "X" amount of points - the total number of points the extra credit should be worth.)
- Publish the quiz and have the students take it.
- Once all students have taken a quiz and received a score, which is recorded in the gradebook.
- Edit the Quiz and change the Quiz type to a Graded Survey worth "0" points.
- The student will then receive whatever extra credit value they earned.
IMPORTANT: When copying the course it will copy it as a survey - so be sure to Edit and revert it back to a graded quiz for the next term!!
Hope this helps!