import quiz questions from quiz into test bank

Jump to solution
richard_gardner
Community Participant

I have spent the last hour trying to do this with no success. I think I've done it before but I forgot how and  the guides have been no help.

I want to create a question bank with selected questions from 3 existing quizzes. Those quizzes' questions were not previously in a test bank, so I'd like to just go through those 3 quizzes and mark questions to export them to the new question bank. Or, I'd like to create a new question bank and go find questions in these 3 quizzes to import. There's lot of info in the user guides about moving questions between banks. Or about creating banks and then manually writing questions. But I want to create a bank and import existing questions that are in quizzes. I'm using the old quizzes, BTW. 

OR I'd just like to create a new quiz and copy questions from existing quizzes; but I think the only option is to copy them from banks. Which is why I'm trying to create a bank and import questions. But if I can just skip the bank step and create a new quiz and pull from existing quizzes that'd be great. 

1 Solution
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

You are correct that questions in Classic Quizzes cannot be moved from a quiz to a question bank. A workaround is to export the quizzes. There is an option on the Content Exports page to select quiz instead of the entire course, and this creates a QTI file that can then be reimported into the course. This might duplicate the quizzes but, for your purposes, also creates question banks. On the Import Content page, make sure you select QTI for the content type and then the option to create new question bank.

Import Content dialog with QTI and new question banks selectedImport Content dialog with QTI and new question banks selected

This creates a new question bank for each quiz in the export file, and from there you can move the questions around.

View solution in original post