Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Is it possible to post annotations to text submission is SpeedGrader. So far, my understanding is that SpeedGrader allows annotations only for uploaded files, am I correct? Thanks!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

According to the guide I found the Time Column under Page Views in a users profile shows seconds that a user was on a page, from a minimum of 10 secs. to a maximum of 5 minutes. However, we are seeing some times under 10 secs. and over 5 minutes.  We...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I cross listed a full class into a empty class and now I can not see my original class. Geometry B into Geometry B night. my email is rosam@lisd.net

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Is there no way to save students' work in a text entry box?  When my students work on an assignment in class, and don't complete it, when they go to work on it later, all of their work is gone.  Please help!

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I believe I understand the content of this Admin Guide page: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Admin-Guide/How-do-I-manage-profile-pictures-for-users-in-an-account/ta-p/92 I only recently found this, and went to look and found over 100 reported phot...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Dear Community,  I'm trying to create a user with Canvas rest api. Here's the json I'm posting:  {    "user":{       "Name":"Foo bar"    },    "pseudonym":{       "Unique_id":"foobar@mailinator.com"           } } And here's the response from Canvas...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Try testing this tool with real life users? It's possibly the most counter intuitive and frustrating tool I have had the misfortune to use. Incredibly labour intensive, clunky and badly designed. I'm a parent of a student who has to use it, and both ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Is there a way of merging pages in canvas? Not courses, but smaller pages within a course, and merging assignments into already existing pages. I have set up a course, but with too many little pages and i would like to make them bigger and more effec...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am required to report student attendance weekly in hours and minutes. Is there a way to determine how much time a student actively engaged in Canvas on a specified day or week? It appears Canvas tracks in the same way a student who logs in but does...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello, I have an issue. Comments made on iOS Canvas profesor app don't show to either students and teachers from Canvas browser, unless you click on "Descargar comentarios de la entrega" (download submission comments), which will send you to a genera...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I accidentally copied a published quiz from another shell and removed it. However, the calendar entry stays there until I manually deleted it. Is it a bug only for me? Or it is a design?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

It is really confusing for students to see the due time for quizzes on the calendar. It make sense to show due time for assignments but it is really awkward for quizzes. I searched everywhere but cannot figure out how to change that. If it is not pos...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I add time to a special needs student's quiz?

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I have downloaded the gradebook for a class. I have added comments for each assignment on the csv like so: HW1, HW1 comment 10, Q1: Good job; Q2: Good job;   How can I upload this csv so that all the comments are sent to the students?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I went through the circuitous import-course procedure to duplicate a rubric. I subsequently re-named the imported/duplicated rubric, and changed the scores in that rubric. But then I tried to re-import the original rubric, and it over-wrote the previ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I have been trying to use the pop-up feature in Canvas and i used the HTML that has been posted in several community posts.  It used to work just fine with one pop-up and then you could click the "X" and it would disappear.  Well, now when I click th...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does changing a file name mean I have to go back to the page or assignment and reattach the file (whether it be an image, video, or pdf)? What about if I don't change the file name but move it to another folder within the Files section inside the sam...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are looking for a survey to evaluate the strengths / weaknesses on our Online Program - both Student and Faculty Satisfaction - not at the course level but at the program level.  Any guidance?

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Is there a way to limit group sign ups or calander sign ups to a section

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Asking for our Box admins as to the exact requirements and setup/config on the Box side to enable this in Canvas (either as an LTI or through EduAppCenter). The docs I've found have been a bit "light" on this info. Thanks.

Community Coach Community Coach
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello. Canvas support the LTI 1.3 proctoring service? https://www.imsglobal.org/proctoring-services Thanks

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm having a huge problem with some exercise submissions by students. The wrong student submissions are coming up under other students names. What can I do?  I really need to talk to a human being who can go into my Canvas pages and see what's going ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

The process for limiting a user to only see their own section, is manual and at the individual level. Is there a way to set this as the default at the course or account level? Our institution would like this to be the default for internal sections of...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If a student has not completed all the marking period (within a term of all) how can I put in an incomplete? This would not be the final grade only a marking period within the term.   Thanks

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

What is SIS ID? When creating user accounts, does it function as a password?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Good day, I am a student using Safari browser in my iPhone 6+ with iOs 12.  My teacher accused me of cheating and sent me screenshots of my quiz log showing I left the tab a lot of times, but most of it are for only 1 to 2 seconds. I know I did not l...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

When I try to run the Course Activity Report (New Analytics> Reports > Course Activity) I get a pop with the message: Warning: Size Exceeded Maximum Number of Rows This report contains 77303 rows, which exceeds the maximum supported number. Filtering...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How to annotate on student submissions that are .docx files and noT PDF? I cant use the speedgrader on my ipad. It's blank. 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have a 10,000 license user instance however have 50,000 users within our instance and have approximately 3,000 (comprising of staff and students) leaving our instance.  We currently don't have a mechanism in which to identify current and past user...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies