Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Hi all, my university currently uses Canvas for all course-related content. This upcoming semester, I am going to trial a program called 'Notion' which allows me to do everything Canvas does but with more scheduling, note-taking, importation of media...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Im trying to make a custom grade book column, however, when trying to do so I get this error:   { "errors": [{ "message":"An error occurred.", "error_code":"internal_server_error"} ], "error_report_id":519 }   The req...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi, I would like to get a list of assignments sorted by their creation_at or due_date in descending order(most recent assignments). On https://canvas.instructure.com/doc/api/assignments.html#method.assignments_api.index  , I can see an order_by which...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, We have found an error in Classic quizzes where some questions do not display the selected answer on the quiz results page. Does anyone know what might cause this or how to fix it?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Greetings! I need some information about course sharing consortium in Canvas. Any resources is greatly appreciated. Thanks!  

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are currently providing a service that is embedded in Canvas via an LTI 1.3 integration. We have some teachers who are using our service from multiple school districts' instances of Canvas. In these cases they are being identified as the same pers...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Where is the People option  

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

A relatively new Canvas Instructor. 2/3 through the term, and the "Total" column has "0% F" for every student. All assignments are in the Group "Assignments". What switch did I not activate? B

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am having a few technical issues between the users and we are not sure what the causes are. Michael was able to complete the quiz with no issues, and his test results were recorded instantly. I was also able to have him submit the results more tha...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Would it be possible for course sharing of item banks to be inherited as copies are made from the original course?   That is, if I share a bank to a master course (or a live course), that bank does not show as a course bank for any subsequent copies ...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there a way to change the appearance of your canvas course in a way that is better suited for presenting? I have been teaching my course by screen sharing it, but it is clearly not meant for this because of the distracting published icons and side...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good day everyone, For courses such as Health or other courses where the student may not share if they know they Parent can see what they write, is there a way of blocking Observer access for that particular less or assignment?  I'm working from an A...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, my company would add an App built on LTI 1.3 Is LTI 1.3 supported by eduappcenter?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hello, I want to copy bulk courses in sub account to root account. However, I went through, canvas blogs but i didn't find any solution. Please help me in this..

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi All I have created three sub accounts with a number of learners in all of these sub accounts.  One of trainers has requested to move a learner from sub account A to sub account B, The issue I am facing is it possible to move the learner from Sub a...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello, My Speedgrader is not working properly, as I am not able to view my pdf document. please help me in this..  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

One of our on-campus instructors is having trouble accessing grades for students for Fall 2020 courses in Canvas. As an admin, I went into her courses to view her gradebooks, and the students previously enrolled in these courses are gone. No grades...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'd like to be able to change the Learning Mastery Report to view the average score of the learning outcome for a student vs. their highest score anytime they may have seen that learning outcome.  Is this possible? I'm an admin/instructor looking to ...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello, As a student, I know I can go into my canvas calendar and "uncheck" a particular active course from my calendar. However, this does not seem to effect the ics export of the calendar. So for instance if I use Google Calendar or Outlook *ALL* my...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi all,  We are new to Canvas and still involved in the data provisioning phase. I was told that there are multiple ways of uploading files (coming from Banner, in our case), but was under the impression that the SFTP to a Canvas server would be the ...

• 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I have a black background on google, outlook, etc and was wondering if it was possible to have a different background color in CANVAS.  Not necessarily a "theme".  A darker color would be preferable if possible.  I find it's easier on the eyes for pr...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hey all, We are working with Accredible for certificates and need some help. It was working fine but today every one is getting a 404 error and I can log into the dashboard directly but within CANVAS I'm getting a you aren't a team member message and...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

how do i change email? for login process?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Referring to this section in the OAuth guide: Getting OAuth2 Client ID/Secret If your application will be used by others, you will need to implement the full OAuth2 token request workflow, so that you can request an access token for each user of your...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Why do I have duplicate events in my calendar when I create a calendar feed? I am trying to create a clean events calendar for students, who are also staff, in our university. They select from a number of courses to build their PG cert. I wanted to c...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Moodle can report site access logs. Logs in Moodle are activity reports. Logs are available at site and course level. Can Canvas LMS also see the site access logs?  

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

hi im trying to access module 2 and im still denied access to the videos (the webinars). what should i do?              

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm attempting to center "enhanceable_content tabs".  The end goal is to create a 'lightbox' effect using the tabs as thumbnails and text as the large image.  So far, so good.  I just need a method to center the tabs. <div class="enhanceable_content ...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

According to Canvas Release notes, Previous and Next navigation buttons were to be put in production yesterday? I don't see them added as of this morning. Was there a delay? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am able to read my announcements, but under the "Posted On" section to the right, there are no dates listed for all of my courses.  Is this a setting I need to change somewhere?  I don't think it would be huge issue but one of my classes has older ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies