itsLearning to Canvas

Jump to solution
RebeccaG7
Community Member

Is there a way to transfer in content from itsLearning to Canvas? I am an educator moving from itsLearning to Canvas and would like to save as much of my course content as possible.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @RebeccaG7 ...

Full disclosure...  I've never heard of itsLearning before.  Is there a way to export content from this platform so that you might try to import it into Canvas?  There are some Canvas Guides that might help as far as what kind of files can be imported from other platforms:

I'm not sure if any of these links will be of help, but I thought I'd share them all with you just in case.  I'd suggest researching to see if itsLearning has any way to export your course and then, hopefully, you'll be able to import it into Canvas.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Canvas does not list itsLearning among the options for the Course Import tool, and I looked at the itsLearning support site and don't see an option there to export an entire course anyway. I'm sorry it's not any easier than selectively downloading files and importing them into Canvas and manually re-creating the course settings and structure. I suggest two options to make it easier in the future: one is to encourage itsLearning to create an export function, and the other is to propose an idea that Canvas add itsLearning to its list of importable export files. I don't know the process for making suggestions to itsLearning, but the Instructure Community has an entire section on user-suggested ideas for improvement (note that the idea process is currently on pause as it is being refined):

Idea Conversations - Instructure Community

View solution in original post