merge courses with no cross listing available

Jump to solution
UNMfac
Community Member

My settings don't show an option for cross listing courses with two different course numbers. i need to  combine a grad and an ugrad section into one for content sharing. all the other answers tell me to cross list.  is there any other option?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@UNMfac -

I don't understand your comment about not having the cross-listing available.  The only reason I can think of for that would be that your canvas admins turned the cross-listing feature off and you have to go through them to cross-list courses.

I have regularly cross-listed grad and undergrad courses with no issues.  if I make the undergrad course the course to keep, obtain its ID then go to the grad course, settings, sections, click on the section link for the course and cross-listing option should appear in the right hand menu(if it doesn't contact your admins).  If so, click on it and enter in the course id, press enter and verify that the course listed is the correct one and then apply the cross listing. 

As far as I know, there is nothing in Canvas to prevent you from crosslisting  BWV101-intro-to-basket-weaving with RSC764-advanceRocketScience 

View solution in original post

0 Likes