multiple individual courses in one Canvas course

Jump to solution
MMatheas
Community Explorer

Hello Canvas Community,

I was hoping I could pick your brains please?

We have a course which is actually many individual courses in one. So, in fact each Canvas module is a stand alone course. To help identify pages in the Pages section (i.e. which page belongs to which module/course), we have coded each page title with a letter or pair of letters, just before the title. However, students see this code, and it is read out by screenreaders, both of which are not ideal. I was wondering if anyone could suggest a workaround so that we are still able to quickly identify which pages belong to which module in the pages sections, but students don't see this code and wonder what it's all about.

Best wishes,

Maro

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
tbirbeck
Community Participant

Do the students use this as a reference or do you need submissions?   If no submissions or interactions are required, this solution I use for our Ed Tech modules might work for you.

• Create the main course as a navigation center. Students will enroll in this course.
  • Create a separate course for each module.  Set the visibility for each at "institution" or "public".   Public and Institution courses do not show up on the dashboard and require no enrollment,  Be sure to add a link back to the main course in each subcourse.
  • Create a course home page in the main course and add a link to each of the separate courses.
  • The result will be one enrolled course on the dashboard with links to separate courses.  

If you want to get fancy, you could add custom course navigation links to the subcourses, but at a minimum, be sure to add a link back to the main course in each subcourse.

View solution in original post