"On paper" assignments - recording submission of assignment

Jump to solution
DavidHawthorn
Community Member

I have created an "On paper" assignment and I'm not sure about the submission status.

Students cannot submit an on paper assignment but I would assume that as the teacher I can record that the assignment has been submitted.

When I look in SpeedGrader the only options I get are "Late", "Missing", "Excused" and "None". Surely I should be able to record that a student has submitted their paper assignment to me on time! Can I specify the date that a paper assignment has been submitted?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
jerry_nguyen
Community Coach
Community Coach

@DavidHawthorn 

When setting up an On paper assignment, if you selected one of these options for "Display Mark as"

OnPaper Setting.png

You should be able to see a dropdown box or a blank field which will allows you to enter a score Unless, your Canvas's Admin injects a custom Javascript to hide that box when there is no submission. You might want to ask your Canvas Admin whether it's the case. 

You can't specify a submission date, the date you enter a score (Through SpeedGrader) will be treated as the graded date for the assignment. 

ScoreBox.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
paul_fynn
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @DavidHawthorn 

Essentially what {No Submission] really indicates in Canvas is "No Canvas Submission"

Likewise "This student does not have a submission for this assignment."  actually means "This student does not have a Canvas submission for this assignment".

If you feel that this is important you could post a suggestion to the ideas forum.

best

Paul

View solution in original post