cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Participant

unable to add students "unable to find matches below"

Jump to solution

@chofer stefaniesanders @jivedocs_unfede amara.mastronardiFree-For-TeachersQ & A have a free for teacher account and it has been working well until now.

When I was trying to add a new student, it says "we were unable to find matches below"

353085_unable to add.PNG

Can anyone tell me why? It is urgent.

Thanks

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions

@664755030 ‌

Our support team indicates that the issue of adding users was resolved last week, so it's not necessary to use the join code workaround. When adding a new user, this is the message that should display to the teacher:

353356_fft add users.png

This gives the instructor the option to create new users from the list.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Hello @riboldipj ...

I'm not sure if this would apply in your situation or not, but in the June 9, 2021 Deploy Notes, there is a section on Email Addresses and Manual Enrollments:  Canvas Deploy Notes (2021-06-09) - Instructure Community.  Per these notes, do you know if the user confirmed his/her e-mail address first before you added that person's e-mail address to the course?  [I experienced a similar issue a week or two ago using a dummy e-mail account (made up e-mail address), and because the e-mail address was made up, I technically could not confirm that the e-mail address was legit because the e-mail inbox doesn't actually exist.]

View solution in original post

24 Replies
eliteartofphleb
Community Member

I am dealing with the same thing. Very frustrating. I have had this canvas for my school for 2 years with no problems. They do an update and now it don't work. I can't add my student for class now...smh

Yes, very frustrating. I am doing a PhD and I have recruited all my participants, but I couldn't add some of them to the system. I searched and there have been no such problems or solutions. I feel I got stuck here. 

It's so weird that you could add some, but not others.

rim_abid
Community Member

Same situation here! I am using Canvas for the first time as a teacher and feel very frustrated. I hope it works soon.

jenniferborch
Community Member

Same issue. What has happened to the open enrollment through e-mail option?

deborahvajner
Community Member

I started running into this problem yesterday, just once, but today it's happened with several students.  Also students who have received the invitation are unable to connect as well.

Community Participant

Gosh, this is horrible news. I did not know if this had affected my participants or not as I am not their teacher. I am a researcher and they participate in my project. We do not communicate much. This is horrible timing for me! I would be so angry if this has an adverse impact on the outcomes of my project. Where can we report this problem? 

Community Participant

Can we all launch support tickets to get some attention and hopefully get this sorted out? I am trying to find how to report this. 

parodign
Community Member

Same here. No solution found yet... But this prevent courses with CANVAS....

rcastillor
Community Member

I have the same situation. What I did was to create a class code and sent it to my students' email addresses. So now they are enrolled. Go to Settings and mark the option of creating a class code to join the class. This will do until the usually email-adding is solved.

Hope it's helpful.