cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
govreacl
Community Contributor

where is moderate an assignment

Jump to solution

I know I have seen the feature option to moderate an assignment, but I can't find it in Feature Options. Did it disappear or does something else need to be turned on at the account level?

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Steve_Watts
Community Champion

Hi  @govreacl 

I'm not quite sure if you're looking for the moderate option for quizzes or for assignments. I think there is potential for confusion as Canvas uses the term "moderate" to mean two slightly different things depending on which tool you're using. Moderating a quiz means giving certain students extra time or attempts, as described in the link that  @chofer  posted. Moderating an assignment means allowing several course teachers to grade the same submission and then choosing which of those grades to post to the student, as described here: How do I add a moderated assignment to be graded by multiple reviewers?

You asked if this is a feature option. It is, and if you don't see the option when creating an assignment then you might need to ask your local Canvas admin to turn it on at account level.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Community Champion

I found it on the the edit the assignment page.  It's on the right-hand side.

305974_pastedImage_1.png

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@govreacl  and  @9927744 ...

If I could offer one slight correction...  the "Moderate This Quiz" link is only for "Quizzes" ... not for "Assignments".  The Guide for moderating quizzes is here: Once I publish a quiz, how do I use the Moderate Quiz page?‌  I hope this helps.

Steve_Watts
Community Champion

Hi  @govreacl 

I'm not quite sure if you're looking for the moderate option for quizzes or for assignments. I think there is potential for confusion as Canvas uses the term "moderate" to mean two slightly different things depending on which tool you're using. Moderating a quiz means giving certain students extra time or attempts, as described in the link that  @chofer  posted. Moderating an assignment means allowing several course teachers to grade the same submission and then choosing which of those grades to post to the student, as described here: How do I add a moderated assignment to be graded by multiple reviewers?

You asked if this is a feature option. It is, and if you don't see the option when creating an assignment then you might need to ask your local Canvas admin to turn it on at account level.

View solution in original post

sigh
Community Participant

I want to be able to change a due date or number of attempts for student for an Assignment.

Am I correct that it is impossible to Moderate in that sense for Assignments?

It's nonsensical to me that we could let a student take a quiz later or again, but not submit another file or open the assignment a little later.  It's a matter of being able to accommodate students with special circumstances - now they have to be added individually in the main screen for the assignment.