why does "pages" only go to the home page (and require separate click through to index)?

Jump to solution
boocanvas
Community Explorer

Why does the 'pages' link just go to the home page and require an additional selection to go to the (plural) pages index? You already enter on the home page which you can then edit and you can also go to that through a link. It is clunky to have to click through every single time I want to see the list of all pages to work on one and to have the home page (which I rarely need to work on) always being the default.

Is there a way to set the default view for "pages" to the index? Its very annoying to have to go through multiple steps to access the list. 

1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @boocanvas …

If you were to remove the “Front Page” label from the page listed on your “Pages” index page, this would solve the issue you are referring to.  Check out the bottom of this Guide (under “Remove Front Page”):

How do I set a Front Page in a course? - Instructure Community

However, if you had purposely designated one of the pages on your “Pages” index page to be the page that people see when they enter your course (via the course “Home” page), removing the “Front Page” label would then not display that particular page as your “Home” page any more.  You’d have to select something else as your “Home” page…such as your “Modules” index page.

How do I change the Course Home Page? - Instructure Community

I hope this help to explain how this all works…and that I’ve not made things too confusing.  Happy to clarify if anything is unclear.  Take care…

View solution in original post

0 Likes