wrong file uploaded into assessment

Jump to solution
JanelleDickson
Community Member

I've uploaded the wrong file into the assessment, and canvas only allows one attempt. Is there any way to remove the file, and upload the correct file?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@JanelleDickson -

It sounds like you are a student.  For the assignment in question, the instructor has limited your attempts to 1 submission.

It would be best for you to send your correct submission to your instructor explaining the situation about submitting the incorrect file.  Hopefully the due date/time has not been reached.  Otherwise, you will be at the mercy of the instructor.

View solution in original post

katiehamilton
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @JanelleDickson !

I'd like to provide some additional information in combination with the answer that @Ron_Bowman has already provided.

Once a student submits their quiz attempt, it is not possible to make changes to the information within said quiz attempt. This would include removing files uploaded in response to quiz questions. Furthermore, it is not possible for students or teachers to delete submissions made to quizzes and assignments.

As @Ron_Bowman has stated, the best workaround would be to reach out to your Instructor to negotiate an additional attempt on your quiz or assignment. Another workaround would be to send the correct file to your teacher. You can do this through the Canvas Inbox, if you so choose. 

How do I send a message to a user in a course in the Inbox as a student? 

View solution in original post